Lies Revealed and Stopping Audrey

🌹Rose's P.O.V🌹
(If you normally don't read songs please read Mal's because I added things in between lyrics)

"Ooh. All right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already" Uma says to us and Mal and her laugh. Uma asks her "What do you say, girl? Time to wrap things up?"

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up" Ben says wrapping his arm around Mal. Evie tells him "Actually, Mal promised to let
all the kids off the Isle once this is over" I smile but then my smile drops when he asks "Mal?" in shock.

"I have to tell you guys something" Mal says and we all stop walking. "Um..." She starts and then turns around. "I lied to you" she begins and we look at her in confusion. Then she says "The kids won't be coming off the Isle"

"What do you mean?" Jay asks and I wrap my arm around him. "The program is shut down" Mal tells him. "And the barrier... will be closed for good" she finishes.

Harry makes an irritated sound and Ben finishes for Mal saying "For Auradon's safety" Harry laughs sarcastically at Ben's comment.

"Hold up" Uma starts walking up to Mal and says annoyed "So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie" Then she says sadly "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself" "And you, King Benny..." Harry starts walking up to him "You're probably just gonna throw us all back inside" he finishes sadly.

"You know what?" Celia starts stepping towards Mal and then continues while starting to cry "I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again" "Celia" Mal says sadly.

"Celia. Celia, no!" Mal yells when she takes the ember and drops it into the birdbath. It fizzes out and Celia continues walking away and Evie calls out "Celia!" "No! No" Mal says pulling the ember out of the birdbath.

"Regain your might and ignite!" Mal tries to relight the ember. We all watch in shock and nothing happens with the ember "No... Regain your might and ignite!" Nothing happens again and she looks to Uma for help. Uma looks at her necklace which isn't glowing and says "Bummer" Then she nods to Harry and says "Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot"

"No. Uh... Uma!" Mal calls out trying to get her to stay. Mal turns to me and notices the look on my face "Rose... I'm sorry" She tells me.

"Sorry... Your sorry..." I scoff at her. "That's all you have to say about this" I say shaking my head. I start to cry and continue "You already know how I feel about the barrier being closed. You were from the Isle you know how it is over there a lot more than me because I only was there once. But instead here you are ready to condemn all those kids to live like that forever after giving them the hope that they could leave that rotten place all because you already have a 'better life' so you don't care anymore about what happens to them"

"It's for Auradon's safety" Mal tries to convince me. "No it's for your own selfish gain" I say and then turn to Jay and he pulls me into his chest and I let some of my tears out getting his shirt wet.

"Evie... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon" I hear Mal telling Evie.

"Closing the barrier was your idea? You made me believe that Rose betrayed us but it was you!?" I hear Evie tell Mal and I scoff still with my head in Jay's chest and I mumble "Guess she's been lying to everyone" and Jay rubs my back upset with Mal as well.

"I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now" Mal tries to explain to Evie. "For our life?" Evie asks angrily and then in a sadder tone while crying continues "What about the kids that we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s. But instead, you lied to them" Evie tells her. Mal looks down crying.