Meet Dude

🌹Rose's P. O. V.🌹
On the Tourney field

After a few more classes later me and Ben were back out on the field to help out Carlos.

"Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" Ben called out getting ready to start the stopwatch. Then I see Dude running up behind Carlos.

Carlos notices Dude and starts running as fast as he can "Oh! Ah! No, wait!" Ben checks the stopwatch time and says "Sweet!" Then I say to Ben worriedly "Uh, Ben Carlos is freaking out about Dude chasing him I think"

His face then becomes worried and yells out "Carlos? Carlos!" "No, stop!"

"Carlos!" I call out "Rose? Ben?" "Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!" Ben tries to calm him down

"Guys, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!"

"Hey, who told you that?" Ben asks

"My mother." "Cruella?" Ben questions. "Duh Ben who else would it be" I whisper to him. "She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer. Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!"

"Carlos relax he won't attack us" I tell him.

"Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?" Ben questions. "Of course not"

"Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is dude. He's the campus mutt" I inform him.

"He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal" He says while climbing down the tree he put himself in.

"Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy" He says while Ben passes Dude off to Carlos.

"I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island" I say sympathetically.

"Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs" Carlos says sadly.

"Good boy" Ben says which makes me automatically turn to him and say "Ben he's not a dog" while slapping his arm. He then restarts and says "I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know"

"Oh. Yeah. Thank you" Carlos says sincerely. "Yeah. Listen, We are gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find us when you're done, okay?" Ben says

"Okay" "We'll see you later"

"See you out there" He calls out and then me and Ben leave and I think to myself "Looks like the start of a great friendship"