Chapter 1 ~Meeting Red~

Strykers POV

I hit the ground hard, the breath was shoved from my lungs as the man dropped down on top of me. Our struggle for the gun was futile now because it had skittered down the hallway, He brought his fist across my face back and forth several times. The pain was a shock to my brain each time, I felt my nose crack and the hot sharp feel of blood beginning to roll down my face. I grabbed the sides of his face and brought it down to meet mine. Our foreheads connected and he flew backwards with a deep guttural moan, his hands grabbing his now bloodied forehead.

I rolled onto my hands and knees spitting bloodied saliva onto the linoleum floor. Wobbly I pushed to my feet turning around to look down at the man. I smirked and brought my foot up into his stomach, he was a Viper. I didn’t need to show him any more mercy than he had shown me. And the dumb-ass had tried to kill me so I didn’t feel obligated to show him anything. He cried out as he hit his back off the wall and slumped to the ground unconscious, I shook my head using my sleeve to clean off my face. I pulled out my phone and flipped the screen up hitting the 3 button.

“Stryker?” Webbs deep voice curled over the phone.

“Yeah, I got the information. I’ll be on the roof in ten” I said moving down the hallway grabbing my gun.

I closed the phone tucking it back into my back pocket, god I loved Nokia phones. They could outlast the apocalypse. I ran down the plain hallway the gun gripped in both my hands, I wasn’t going to take any chances here. I wanted to make sure this time I wasn’t going to be snuck up on. I glanced around the corner and then pressed myself back against the wall. With a deep breath I turned and ran straight for the stairs, hoping against hope that I would make it to the roof without further conflict.

The stairway doors opened and a man stepped out, he was dressed in a grey suite but was followed by a Mafia boss. I cursed my luck, I knew her face from the profile we had on her. Dezarae the Third, Female Boss of the Asian Dynasty. She was only about 5’1” in height and everybody towered over her, even her right hand man Twain who stood 6’5”. But her size only hid the monster she was underneath, her round heart shaped face was tanned evenly and her narrowed black eyes glared up at the man. He was sweating profusely, Probably because she was going to kill him. I raised my gun and shot once at the man watching blood spray from the front and back of his throat covering her in a nice light spray. The blood sprinkled her raven black hair and face. Her black tank top and white skinny jeans were also speckled with the poor mans blood.

She snorted in disgust and turned to look down at me, her gaze was crushing. I watched her jaw begin to saw together in seethe anger and hatred. I raised my gun once again still moving down the hallway, I took aim at her. The alarm began to sound and she cursed kicking the mans lifeless body out of the way and running down a separate hallway. I jogged after her and looked down the hallway watching as she disappeared through a door. I groaned in frustration, I had hesitated I could have taken her out and then we would have had one less Boss to worry about. I kicked the stairwell door open and ran up the clean and well lit fire escape.

The roof was barren and obsessively clean, I had noticed that with all of the Asian Dynastys buildings. Clean Freaks. I tucked my gun into the waist of my jeans and moved towards the edge of the roof top. I glanced down at the terrifying height I was at and cursed softly, I looked around desperately for Webb and Fate. Where the hell were those two? My silent question was answered when the screech of the car sounded in the distance. I looked out over the roof edge again and smiled as the large pickup truck spun in front of the building. Fate swung out and waved up at me, I nodded waving back. I backed up and taking a deep breath to calm my racing nerves. The soft warm breeze swept up at me, it was clean and surprisingly silent out today. The glistening city below me sent off heat waves from the sun, but the heat never really reached us. I gave my head a vigorous shake and ran at the edge jumping off the edge.