Chapter 19 ~Lies Turn Red~

Red's POV

Slowly I opened my eyes finding sunlight streaming through the window warming the bed directly. I stifled a yawn not wanting to stretch my tired body just yet. I stiffened as an arm slid across my bare stomach pulling me across the bed, his scent drifted around me making my chest tighten. Oh my god, I slept with Stryker! Fate was going to kill me; Webb was going to kill me. I was going to kill myself; I was such a damn idiot. I let this moron soothe me and then I just walked right in.

“Morning” he whispered against the back of my neck.

I shivered and curled closer around his protective arm, my face was burning bright red at the moment nothing was right anymore. My plan was frapped now and my mind was mush, I was so screwed. I’m naked… Holy Jesus Christ almighty, I was naked! Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!

“Everything alright?” he laughed.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, his blue eyes sparkling with laughter. I scowled and rolled over pressing myself against his side, dignity: Zero, Pride: Zero, Looks like I wasn’t going to give a crap right now. But my god I was shaking, why was I such an idiot. His hand slid under my chin lifting me to look up at him. I swallowed hard and struggled to keep an even train of thought. He leaned down gently pressing his lips back to mine and the girl part of my brain switched on. I gave into the simple innocent kiss, this gentleness was Stryker.

“Mhm, Red you look a little flustered this morning”

“We slept together…” The words tumbled from my half asleep mouth before I could stop them.

My shame reached a new depth and I wished with all my being I could die on the spot. Stryker chuckled and nodded his head simply.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what we did. Why?”

“Holy crap I can’t believe I gave in so goddamned easily” I hissed pressing my fists against my forehead.

“I am still here you know”

“I know! Why? Why did you say those things? What do you want?” I growled at him narrowing my eyes.

His sharp blue eyes grew wide in surprise he leaned away and looked around the room, “I thought I made it crystal clear yesterday what I wanted Red. I want you” He whispered leaning closer to me making me shrinking away from him.

He sighed and flopped back onto the bed pressing his forehead over his eyes and letting out a soft muttered curse. He looked at me with one eye and smiled weakly.

“Do you regret becoming intimate with me Red?” He asked.

My spine stiffened, how could I tell him. How could he possibly know anything about the corner I was wedged in? I was screwed, no matter what way I tried to run I was corner by Helios and Hunter. Even if I did escape the beast would catch me. I might as well get fitted for my coffin as we speak. He didn’t seem to understand the danger he had put himself in by letting this win. I ran my hands through my knotted brown hair cursing myself and fighting off immanent tears. How could he do this to me?

“Red?” he whispered.

I leaned my head back and let out a bitter laugh cursing myself for what heartless bitch move I was about to pull with this man. I would keep him out of the danger zone for a little while longer, until he came into the changes. I if started crying during this bitch move he would know I was trying to pull one on him. I needed to keep this cold exterior and hope to the gods he hid himself from me.