Chapter 3 ~Reds Big Bad Test~

-Fates POV~

I grimaced in my seat; the date on the calendar had been highlighted in blue marker. Every month G-D, Helios, Would put together a set of tests in which we all had to participate in. It also allowed G-D to see where our skills sat and who would be assigned to personal training. I hated the physical tests, I wasn’t bad at them, and to be honest I was pretty good. But when you’re put up against a Guy like Stryker or Webb, your feelings of confidence tends to widdle down to jack squat. And trust me when you stand in front of Stryker who looms over standing about 6’ 1” With black hair and piercing blue eyes. You tend to want to curl in a corner and cry, Or at least I did when ever I went against the guy.

First it was the doubles match, where G-D matched us up with somebody and we fought them until we could pin them to the ground for ten seconds. I had gone against Stryker and been pinned, I proudly lasted a whole seven seconds grappling with the guy before he pinned me. Which, trust me, is an accomplishment worthy of the nobel-fucking-Peace prize. Naturally though, I walked sorely over to the seating area and glanced down at Red.

She sat on the ground her legs crossed and her hands gripping something tightly, she had her lightly curled brown hair pulled up in a tight pony tail showing her thin tanned neck and shoulders. She wore a red wide strap tank top and white shorts; she had gone up against Joshua. He was a big guy who had been at least forty pounds heavier than her. They had gone before Stryker and I, which had been a sight to see. It had set Stryker on a rampage though, which he had then taken out on me. Looking at her sitting on the ground I pictured a small child waiting attentively, yet remembering the ferocity and cold collectivness as she had dropped Joshua in three seconds flat... It wasn't something you see everyday. I had blinked and he was on the ground, she was sitting on the back of his neck her knee’s pressed on either side of his face. He had passed out from blood loss to the brain; I knew her quick success had pissed Stryker off. I would have bruises to show for it later, I rubbed the back of my neck feeling the stiff pain running down my back. Damn I wished Stryker would just get over her mystery and move on. Either that or try just talking to her because his mood swings were getting painful. Ever since she had saved our ass and drove like something out of a movie he had been running us all raw. Training constantly, except for her. I swear the guy was being a purposeful dick to her, she hadn't really done anything rude or deserving of the mistreatment. I gave a heavy sigh closing my eyes as I relaxed against the wall.

“Time for the individual testing, Red!” Helios shouted, I opened my eyes grudginly.

She stood up slowly tucking something in her pocket, she moved out barefoot onto the red mat. Her eyes hadn’t changed still that lifeless grey they had been the day she had shown up. She walked up to the rope glancing over at Helios who nodded giving her the go ahead.

“Start timer!” Helios yelled.

There was a buzzing noise signally the start of the timer, she grabbed the thick rope and began to climb pulling herself up higher and higher still. She had reached the ceiling in under 30 seconds that was 10 ft of rope she had climbed. My jaw must have hit the floor, what was she? I had seen Olympians struggle with this damn rope, Stryker couldn't make it to the top in 30 seconds and he was jacked. I glanced over at him his body rigid as he watched her with intent blue eyes. It was the first time i had seen him look at her with something other than disdain or frustration. Now he gave her an astonished and somewhat proud look. My eyes swept the room surveying everybodies reaction to her amazing feat. Helios glowered at her, his jaw sawing back and forth as if in anger. I didn't understand why, she had just preformed above par, so very far above par.

“Alright come down” He barked the order at her, i looked up at her she didnt flinch at all.

She let go of the rope dropping in a free fall to the hard mat below, I pushed to my feet taking a step forward. Stryker was already running across the mat towards her and Webb had positioned himself to catch her. She didn't even seem to register the sudden panic among us to catch her, even though we hadn't shown much kindness towards her she had slowly become one of our team reshaping it. It wasn't as bad when I thought about it really, we were in a desperate need of something new and she was just that.