Chapter 22 ~Rhyming Red With Dead~

Red’s POV

My entire body rippled with pain every heart beat brought to attention the hole in my shoulder that had made my left arm useless to me. I cursed the debases behind me for even considering coming in here on their own. This was a Hunter’s base, what were they thinking. I glanced back quickly grimacing at Strykers confused and bewildered gaze resting on me.

Never mind I knew what they had been thinking. Dumbass. I looked forward into the winding maze of boxes, he was here right in front of me. But where I couldn’t pinpoint yet, I needed to stem the blood flow soon or I would risk bleeding out.

“Red” Stryker’s voice was suddenly exceedingly close making me jump.

I glanced back at him finding him right behind me, I hissed under my breath looking back in front of me.

“Shouldn’t we be moving?” He asked.

“Fuck off Stryker. I’m trying to keep you dumbasses alive”

Little Red Wulf, Little Red Wulf. Little Wulf Red, Little Wulf Red. Run Huntsmen Run, Look at her run, screaming and crying oh what fun. Little Wulf Red, now she’s dead.” He sang, I looked around desperately searching for a body to fit the voice. I finally spotted the corner of his shoulder, I grinned raising my gun and firing at the boxes edge. He cursed and stumbled forward his hand gripping his shoulder tightly as he turned solid acidic pools onto me.

“This little Wulf Red, will make all your hunters dead. Now back off Hunter” I snarled at him

He began to laugh his angelic face contorted into something vicious, “Like I’m letting you go Red. They can leave anytime they want. King wants you back at his side and he’s to turn this place into hell just to flush you out” Hunter spat at me.

“King… Fuck.” I glanced back of my shoulder, “Get out now. There’s a car waiting in the usual place. Take it and don’t look back” I hissed.

Strykers eyes went wide and I watched his jaw saw together, “No, I’m not leaving you here with him”

My eyes narrowed and I growled at him, “Your disgusted with me, you hate me Stryker. So what does it matter. He wont have me for very long anyways. Now leave!” I shouted.

“None of us are leaving you here Red” Fate said slowly raising his eyes to meet my gaze.

I turned back to Hunter cursing them out under breath, “Do they not know who King is? or the severity of what has happened?” Hunter snarled at me.

“Apparently not, their pretty thick headed. Not very good with orders” I sighed not relaxing my poise. I didn’t trust this man, he would sell me out just as quickly as did before.

“You understand what’s happening don’t you?” He asked nodding at me.

I squinted my eyes but nodded my head signalling that I understood hell was going to break loose very soon.

“Red what is he talking about?” Stryker hissed.

Anger billowed through me tearing through my body at the sound of his voice, the acidic words he had spat at me earlier still burning into my skin and head. I was niave again and I had paid the price for it. I understood that.

“We’re leaving, Try and stop us I’ll kill you. You know that’s the truth” I snarled at him watching his blue eyes widen in a mocking tone.

“You cant leave Red. I own you, lock stock and barrel. Remember? Just because you survived before didn’t change the fact that you are my property Rhedella Wulf” He laughed.