Chapter 5 ~Reds Lost Fate~

Strykers POV

I sat in the gym breathing heavily after running ten laps, I wasn’t sweating yet so I hadn’t accomplished my goal of working my body to sleep. A door to my left opened and in walked Fate and Wulf, I frowned and pushed to my feet again moving over to the heavy bag in the far corner keeping them in my peripheral. Fate said something to her and I watched as she smiled weakly, it was an awkward smile like she wasn’t used to such an emotion.

I shook my head unable to stop myself from smiling at her. Fate and Webb had made it their mission to get to know her, I had noticed how much more time they spent together. It piqued my curiosity about what happened that night, I knew something was up from the way Fate reacted.

He never was one to be so impulsive, same with Webb. I had been confused by that, but we all seemed to be on the same page. Helios was hiding something from us, and it was big. I curled my fists together and punched the heavy bag as hard as I could making it swing, how had she broken the chain. This thing weighed more then I did, and was attached to a steel garter with steel link. I glanced over at them as she stretched with Fate, something was different under her skin. That was for sure.

“Stryker!” Fate called out to me noticing I was tucked way up in the back corner.

Red stiffened and her posture changed, she touched Fates arm and he glanced down at her cursing under his breath. He rubbed her arm affectionately and whispered something in her ear, she nodded her head and went back to stretching her posture still stiff. Fate turned from her and jogged over towards me, he smiled upon his approach.

“Hey” He said patting the solid black heavy bag.

“Hows she doing?” I asked nodding towards Wulf.

Fate glanced back at her and smiled warmly, “She’s not that bad.”

“Has she told either you or Webb what the hell Helios is doing? I suspect that’s why you guys are doing this whole thing?” I said raising an eyebrow at him.

Fates face darkened with anger and he backed away from me, “Actually Stryker that’s not it all, Webb and I are doing this because we want to know her. She is a human she has feelings, If you came out of your own shell and saw that you might get to know her.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “Like that would ever happen, she hates me. Its obvious from the way her body language changes when I’m near her. She wouldn’t waste her time”

I caught movement to my left and turned to look down at her, she stared straight ahead at the heavy bag her eyes narrowed and blank as usual around me. Near Webb or Fate she would smile or show emotion, I got the Ice Bitch routine and it was pissing me off.

“You hit the middle at an angle” She said looking up at me.

I frowned and stepped back to look at her, “What?”

She pointed at the bag and gave a shy smile, “To break it off the chain, you hit dead center but put your fist at an angle so your knuckles roll into it like your gouging at it. If you can handle the pain then you can break rib cages with a punch like that” She said looking up at me.

I looked down at my hand and flexed my fingers individually, then looked back up at her. She was talking to me like a human being, this wasn’t normal.

“How would you know?” I asked her dropping my hands to my sides.

She blinked and slowly her eyes filled with fear, she backed away slowly. Fate stepped beside her and touched her arm leaning next to her and whispering in her ear.

“For now Stryker take her word for it, I’ll explain later” Fate said shaking his head.

He turned leading Red out of the gym, I frowned at him. What was going on, she had just opened up to me on something and then he had to go and block me. I looked down at my hands and then up at the heavy bag, maybe it would work? I leaned back focusing on what she said and aimed my fist for dead centre of the bag. As it connected I curled my fist into it and stifled a cry of pain as the brunt of the impact rippled up my arm shaking my bones.