Chapter 15 ~Challenging Red~

• Dedicated to Messy Rooms Everywhere

Reds POV

I sat cross legged on his bed watching him pace back and forth, this obviously caused him great distress having me in his personal space. To be honest it was the first time I had been in his room. It sated my curiosity as to how Stryker lived his life out of the Job. I watched as he rubbed his bottom jaw turning and pacing back across the room.

“I like your room” I said looking around.

His room was warm and actually felt lived in, unlike mine or even Webbs and Fates. Ours felt like we inhabited them, we didn’t seem attached to them at all. Nothing in my room was actually my stuff anyways, it was all stuff Helios had given me and told me to place it how I felt around the room. I didn’t like much of it, but it wasn’t for me to say. It was just a room where I would sleep and apparently be tortured.

Stryker paused in his pacing turning to look at me, his sharp blue eyes watching me closely checking what little body language he could. I smiled warmly and nodded my head, I really liked his room. His eyes grew wide and he rubbed the back of his head nervously, he gave a shy smile and looked around the messy room. Clothes were tossed carelessly around, the door to his bathroom was dark wood with a gold handle. His room reflected who he was as a real person not his mask, he was messy and disorganized, gruffy and relaxed. I smiled feeling my hands tighten on my shins as I rocked back on his bad.

“Wait why?” he asked suddenly cautious.

“Its lived in. I haven’t been in many rooms that actually feel like a human lived in it” I said meeting his heavy stare.

“Sorry, I’m not used to somebody being in my room. I’m edgy and this, this isn’t going to work” He hissed running his hand through his short black hair.

I smirked and shook my head at him rocking forward and standing up, I patted his arm and walked towards the door.

“I don’t really sleep anyways” I said opening his door.

He grabbed my arm before I could step out into the hallway, I glanced down at his hand and followed up his arm until meeting his face. His blue eyes looked panicked and fear shot through me, had I been wrong in calculating when the infection would spread. No, I was positive about this. He had a week left. Well maybe. I thought to myself. Damn me and my indecisive mind, I was scrambling inwardly with trying to decide how to handle the panic in his eyes. Things just weren’t working out in my favour, Helios would win in the end, Hell Hunter would win if things continued this route.

It was a sly move putting this damn thing into effect forcing Stryker and I to share such close quarters. It was a ridiculous plot that may just break my fragile plan. I couldn’t lose to anybody, that’s how I had been raised to never back down and never give up on my plan no matter others intent. So far I had done just that. But now I was failing horribly and forgetting my own plans.

“Stryker, Something wrong?” I asked calmly.

He blinked and looked down at his hand, a new panic filled his eyes and he slowly released me. I cursed under my breath closing the door and watching him relax. I had already lost, In this moment I know I lost.

“I-I-I I’m sorry, I didn’t know…” he stammered turning away and walking over to the bed, he sat back on it and stared at the ground holding his head in his hands.

I leaned back against the door and slid to the floor, I watched him closely and smiled to myself.

“I've never had my own room, I was kept in a cell as a child” I said knitting my fingers together.