Chapter 23 ~Dark Red Hair~

Strykers POV

We were in the same position we had been before, me on the bed and her leaning against my door. She had let me carry her from the car to the infirmary then the infirmary to the bedroom. I tried to put on the bed so she could rest and she got up and sat on the floor. As far away from me as she could et obviously. I sighed running my hand through my hair looking at the ceiling out of pure boredom. I didn’t want to get up because I was afraid that if I got near her again she would lose it on me.

I could feel the tension between us and I knew it was all my fault. She wouldn’t accept an apology, she only wanted me to hear her out fully, I don’t think I was ready to do that. Either way we weren’t moving anywhere literally and figuratively. It was depressing and I just wanted to go back to before she told me about the Mafia ties. But that would never happen, it was a hopeless dream that would never become a reality.

“Red-”

“Shut up” She snapped interrupting me.

I sighed and dropped my head forward, this was hopeless. I didn’t want to be stuck like this, it was awkward and annoying.

“You want to go back to before I said anything don’t you?” her voice was quiet.

“It would make things easier then”

She looked up at me with harsh angry grey eyes, “For you maybe. Try being me for a second. You confused me and tried to bully the information out of me. Then when I finally trust you, you threw it back in my face. Sure it was easy for you to walk around ignorant to the danger. I had to watch you and everybody else dance around the fire” She snarled at me.

I closed my eyes slowly and shook my head, “I know what I did, alright. I get that! I understand what I did wrong”

“And yet you know you will repeat it if I tell you the rest. I know for a fact you will repeat it again.”

I pushed from the bed moving swiftly across the room, my fist slammed against the door next to her unflinching face.

“You cant hide things from me, not if it involves me” I growled at her my had slowly uncurling.

She stared up at me defiant, “I can do what ever I damn well please”

“Then I have the same privilege” I smiled.

My hand slid along her throat gently wrapping around the back of her neck, her breath hitched in her throat. I leaned in kissing her lightly feeling her entire body stiffen.

“Stryker stop” she whispered.

“You don’t want to”

“I’m saying stop Stryker” She hissed.

I blinked and cursed myself, it was happening again. I pushed away from her dropping backwards onto the floor. My hands sat in front of me as I emptied my mind. Why did I keep doing this, I didn’t want to hurt Red, but these thoughts and the way my body felt wasn’t right. I would hurt her eventually and be just as bad as the Mafia, as Hunter.

“Why are you here?” she asked quietly pulling her knee’s up against her chest.

I looked up slowly frowning at her, “My fiancée was killed by Hunter outside of a toy store” I answered in a tone close to ice.

She nodded her head rolling her lips, “That would explain a lot. You must have been very happy together”

I nodded my head smiling weakly, “I guess we we’re, we weren’t perfect but we worked.”