Chapter 24 ~Reds Reality~

Strykers POV (Probably going to be him for a while)

My reality had been shattered, it had broken so easily. I had no idea what had just happened but it had destroyed everything I had ever believed in. I hadn’t blinked in at least ten minutes as she stood there in front of me, her skin turned a shadow black, her grey eyes gone replaced by dark amber red ones that blazed with warmth. Her hair sweeping against the ground in a long waterfall of dark blood red, pointed ears peaking up off the top of her head. My eyes had latched onto them, did that mean she didn’t have ears on the side of her head anymore.

The left one twitched and she moved forward silently as always, Fate and Webb backed away with every step she took forward.

“Do they bother you?” she asked looking up at me.

I blinked finally shaking my head having to step back, “What?”

She rolled her eyes and looked back up at me, “The ears, I can get rid of them if they freak you out to much”

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “Get rid of them?”

She motioned to her body and my eyes followed on command, “This isn’t the full change, this is as far as I will go right now.”

I nodded my head and struggled not to stare at the ears, She gave an exasperated sigh and pulled her hair back off the sides of her face showing a smooth line down her jaw. It looked weird, not having ears there.

“Their real Stryker, do you want to touch them?” she asked me letting her hair fall back into place.

I licked my lips nervously raising my hand gently petting her right ear, it was soft and warm. Holy crap it was real… They flattened against her head and faded away, I pulled my hand back quickly looking down at her.

“How far can you change?” I asked still in shock mode.

“I can go full Wolf, but its usually a fairly large size so I don’t. I’d stand out” She shrugged her shoulders.

I reached forward brushing my hand up her jaw sliding it under her hair feeling for the claw marks.

“Why did you-”

“Every Guardian has a mark, its what binds us. To make the change stronger we can use a Medium, such as the tattoo or the physical manifestation of our Form”

“Nyoka carries an Albino Ball Python, but she also has a tattoo and silver arm link” Fate said pacing around the room.

Webb sat down on the edge of the bed smiling at me, “You’re taking all of this really well Stryker. I’m surprised”

“I’m just a little… Uh… Shocked?” I murmured.

Red nodded her head glancing over her shoulder at Fate and Webb, “Fates mark is on the back of his neck. But he is limited in what he can do. Right now he cant change at all, probably because his tie is so weak”

I pat my own chest looking down at her, “Does that mean I can change like you?” I whispered.

She smiled at me nodding her head, “Yes, you can. But don’t try alright. You try and force it and it will most likely kill you.”

“H-H-How will I know when I can?”

She frowned and looked down, “I guess you’ll know? I don’t know, I was born with this so its always been there. You and Fate will need to talk to each other and try and help”

“What about Webb?” I hissed pointing at him.

She glanced over at him and smiled, “Webb is, Webb” she murmured.