Chapter 16 ~Red Turns Red~

Strykers POV (Shocker…)

Webb and Fate were playing some game on the computer that tested your bond. I guess they were really trying to force this thing, I glanced back at the door into the bedroom hallway. She had been blushing, I knew that much. I think it was nice of me to pretend to think of her being sick. Instead of letting her know I had seen her blush such a bright shade of red. It was a new colour for her palely tan skin. She had lost a lot of her tan when she came here a month or two ago.

I slumped down in one of the office chairs and watched Webb and Fate curse each other out when they got the wrong answers. I wonder if I should be doing this with Red, frustrating myself with all of the things I don’t know about her. And anger still burned in my chest about that, she needed to open up to us more, more specifically I wanted her to open up to me.

I wanted to know more about her. I really did, but this wasn’t healthy, to constantly be pushing and pulling at her to tell me something then when the chance to know is offered I pull back. It probably confused her as well, then again I never told her anything about myself. Maybe that was why she was so held back when talking with me. I glanced at Webb and Fate as they cheered themselves on, they probably shared with her.

I cursed rubbing my forehead, I pushed away from her the table spinning around so I was in front of a computer. I had a name to match the bastard that I wanted to kill, I brought up our backdoor into the governments mainframe and typed in Hunter, I didn’t have a last name but something had to come up. It was a pretty generic name nowadays and a lot of guys tended to change their name to it when they entered the Huntsmen. You know to fit into the scene. Like some would change their names to a generic snake name, or some obscenely Asian name.

I sat back in my chair and watched the blue bar move across the screen as it searched for any relation. I knew I would be waiting for a while, I doubted she would be able to give me a last name. I glanced back at the doorway and smiled, I wanted to know what she was hiding so badly. But this would have to work for now. At least I hoped it would, I really wanted to catch Hunter and rip his head off for the things he’s done to me personally and to everybody else in the world he’s screwed with.

Two hours later Webb and Fate had changed to playing a first person shooter game online, and I was still searching through files with the word ‘Hunter’ in it. We had over a million different files, some news clips, some actually were people profiles but they weren’t right. None of them matched the ghostly man I had seen at the restaurant. Not one single man matched, I ran through what I remembered about him and added that to the search. Blue eyes, dark brown hair, thin build. Smooth voice. I pressed search and hoped something in some crime file not came up with something. I needed anything a clue that could lead me to him, that led me away from Red. It seemed every road I went down it led to Red. She knew what was going on behind the scenes.

I listened to Fate slam his hands off the keyboard, “You bastard! That was a cheap move!” He shouted.

“Could you guys keep it down, Red’s trying to sleep” I said spinning around.

They both did a double take and scowled at me, “Red, Sleeping” Webb hissed.

“In your bed?” Fate finished.

“Helios ordered us to share a room, what the hell am I supposed to do. I’m not getting her in shit again.”

“Stryker, you need to be careful with Red. She isn’t a tough as she seems” Fate said his voice soft.

I nodded my head remembering some of the few things she had shared with me, “Yeah, I understand that. Listen I don’t want to backtrack with this. She’s actually opening up a little”