𝟒.𝟔

February 24, 2021

I'm thinking about changing the point of view to be third person instead of first. What do you think?

I'll keep the first half of this chapter in third person then the second half in first person so you, the readers, can decide on which point of view to switch to for the rest of this book.

Also, I've been recently receiving an adhesive amount of positive feedback for this fan fiction. I just wanted to say thank you so much!!! I'll continue to write as much as I can to produce the best for you guys. Thank you for all the votes, comments, and reads!! <3

I recently reached 5K Reads, and I can't express how thankful and honored to have had that many!

Have a good day/evening everyone! Stay safe!

cursed

----

If there was a color to describe the mood in the room, it would either be a deep, dark blue or a fading, soft red. That's only depending on who's shoulder you were hiding behind. Either the young Tsukugo or the older Wind Breather who stood across the room slicing the hay dummies diagonally.

Twiddling with her numbing cold fingers, she felt a lump of her saliva choke her alive as she forced a sudden gulp down her throat. Heavy grunts from the Hashira were heard, besides the few lumps of falling hay onto the floor.

"You-"

Shinazugawa interrupted her thoughts with a single move of his arm, swiping it across in a swinging motion and throwing it across the room. A sharp clang of metal hitting against the soft wooden floor echoed across the estate.

The Tsukugo barely flinched, only her breath being sharpened with surprised.

With a single move of his head, clocking over his shoulder, his eyes weren't as angered as she thought they were. His pupils were gently wide, the veins of the white of his eyes were barely visible.

She didn't gulp nor blink as he tilted his body around the axis of his foot, his face now visible as he was walking towards her. The Hashira sighed, his shoulders slouching a tad, as he gestured the Demon Slayer to take a seat on a zen pillow.

Without hesitation, the two sat across from each other on their heels with their hands on their laps. Her sword at her side, she kept her posture high and on alert.

"I hope you know why you're here." Shinazugawa groaned with a deep rasp in his voice. He sounded more tired then usual, which was strange for the Wind Hashira. "If you don't, then someone obviously didn't do their job."

(Y/N) bit her tongue a tad, finding a way to say that she doesn't have a single clue as to why she was suddenly called to meet Shinazugawa in the middle of a region patrol. She shifted in her sitting position.

"I hate to say, but I don't know why I'm-"

"As expected." Shinazugawa sighed, his speaking coming low as a mumble. His right hand spread across his face as he raised it to ruffle through his snow colored hair. As his locks fell over his scarred face, the Hashira blew a strand to stare at her in the eye.

"With the decision made from the Headmaster, Master Ubuyashiki, Tomioka, and I," Shinazugawa grunted as he began to stand up. He began to speak, circling the room in nervous stances. "We were put under the impression that you were a valuable piece to the Demon Slayer Corps."

(Y/N) nodded, listening attentively as her adrenaline began to built with each breathe the Wind Piller made.

"You are now, from this day forth, claiming the new spot as the Demon Slayer Corps' Water Hashira."