𝟐.𝟐

I may have overdone some things in my past, I admit.

But that didn't have to explain the thoughts that were reeling into my mind as soon as we got home from Natagumo Mountain.

For a strange reason, there was just a heap of stress and worry on my shoulders. It was aching and terrifying for me to even grasp. Maybe it was just the worry for the other demon slayers who were poisoned. Or the fact that some may not even be alive and that we've failed.

Whatever it was, I couldn't scratch it out.

So here I was, sitting in my room in Tomioka's estate as I waited out their Piller Meeting. Every Piller was at headquarters, only for a small period of time before leaving. I would say that I'm on good pages with each one. Hence, I'm excited to catch up with them.

Well, most of them.

Aito was also in my room, drawing out somethings on pieces of paper as we waited out the meeting. I didn't know when or why he got there. Maybe he was just bored that Shinobu wasn't there to pamper him.

While he was laying on my bed, scribbling out some pictures, I was sitting on my desk and reapplying the ointment for the blisters on my hands.

After going through aggressive amounts of training this past week, I can confidently say that I'm physically impressed with my work. I'm at a point where I don't think I can't achieve anymore with my training.

Though, I'm positive that that's not what Tomioka thinks. Which is why I'm enjoying the relaxation right now.

As I tied the final knot around my thumb, I twirled my chair around to face Aito. He was laying on my bed, stomach down as he rested his chin on his palm while his legs were kicked in the air. Looking down at his drawing, there was a small tree with three scribbles.

"Whatchu drawing there, Aito?" I chuckled as I scooted my chair towards him. The noise of the wheels quietly echoed the door with an eerie screech.

Aito groaned a respond, one full of pure boredom and ache. "Nothing."

Ever since the death of my uncle, Aito's dad, I've been trying my best to get close to Aito. Afterall, I'm the only one he'd really consider as close family. It's been hard for both of us, handling the death and getting closer.

I've been busy with training and he's been busy with... assisting in the Butterfly Estate.

Wait.

Bingo! We can walk around the garden and talk!

My lips lifted into a small smile as I swung my haori onto my shoulders.

"Aito?"

He groaned a second response.

"How about we walk around the garden? I can show you cute little butterflies!" I giggled as I sat onto the bed. The weight of the bed shifted, causing his body to sway a little.

Aito let out an exaggerating sigh. "Sure... I'm bored in this place anyway."

He's not wrong. Tomioka's estate is certainly one to be bored in despite all the space. He's always gone on missions or training me, he's never at his own home. Honestly, that's quite an amazing thing, with many flaws of course.

Just as Aito walked out of the room, in a rather sloppy and swaying trance, I went to my bed to clean up the pens and papers on my bed left by him.

As I collected the pens, I took a small glance at the drawing. Aito was always insecure about them, so I never really took full looks at them.

It was a simple drawing. One with a tall tree, or rather a brown rectangle and a green cloud, and three stick figures.