𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟑

The whole day I first got to Tomioka's estate, I was cleaning up and dusting my room. He really was gone for a long time that he didn't have time to clean. I thought to myself if a demon slayer's job is this busy that they can't even come home, how extreme are their jobs? I felt a little more excited about it, but I would miss the longing of a home.

It also got me thinking, Tomioka traveled far to get to where I was. That means that demon slayers must travel all around the region and possibly to other regions in Japan to complete their tasks. How exciting!

The next day, I was waiting for Tomioka to come and introduce me to the Pillars. As he said, the Pillars are the most powerful demon slayers in the whole organization. Meeting the Pillars only brought even more excitement to me.

I finished off the room by plopping a single red rose into the vase.

I let out a satisfied sigh, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Sitting on my now made bed, I clicked my tongue as I counted time. My mind started to trail off as I thought of more positive points for becoming a demon slayer.

I didn't even notice the fact that my stomach was rumbling. I slapped my stomach, trying to silence it.

I had to find something to eat. It was already noon, seeing the sunshine right above the estate. I peeked my head out of my room and into the dim hallway. Retracting myself back into my room, I thought about if Tomioka gave me permission to wander the estate.

My stomach grumbled once more.

I don't think I should really risk it.

About ten minutes later, I drove myself downstairs. I couldn't control my hunger bar and I needed food at that moment. I tried to waltz around and search for the kitchen. Maybe just some bread will do. Holding the oil lamp in my hand, I searched the estate.

Just as I was about to enter the extra room, I heard a knock from the front door.

A sliver of fear entered my body. I flinched, nearly dropping the oil lamp. My hair started to stand on end as I tiptoed to the double doors. Leaning into the wooden frame, I peeked through a small hole.

There was a girl standing in the doorway. I couldn't make out her features, but I saw her long hair and her skirt. Definitely a girl.

I pressed my back against the door, thoughts and embarrassment rushing to my head. Should I answer the door? There's a girl here, at Tomioka's-

There's a girl at Tomioka's estate. I clasped my hand over my mouth.

 Is it his girlfriend? His sister? His... daughter? No, no, no... I have to focus.

"Um... Tomioka-San? It's Shinobu."

THE GIRL IS SPEAKING.

I flinched, knocking myself back into the frame of the door. I made the loudest noise that the girl surely would've heard me from the other side. I slapped my cheeks, my hands squishing my face together.

Now that she knows someone is home, I have to open the door.

Slowly, I teetered the door open into an ajar angle.

The young girl standing before me was beautiful. She had large purple eyes with long eyelashes. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail, clipped by a butterfly pin, with bangs no longer then her ear length was bouncing by her cheeks. Her hair was black and faded in a deep purple near the tips. She had the same uniform Tomioka wore, a high collar with buttons on her chest. Her haori was beautiful as well, a butterfly net pattern all across the white.