𝟒.𝟓

Warnings: Mentions of blood
If the warning does cause a trigger, I do suggest to stop reading.

I tapped on the soft padding of the child's fingers, comforting her as I wrapped a linen cloth around her wound. Her face was bruised, bleeding from a cut that was formed on her cheek. Tear streams were dried, but her eyes were watery and her nose would let out a sniffling noise every once in a while.

The poor darling had been caught in the wreckage. It's a miracle I had found her before anything else horrible had happened. Her arm was lodged underneath a fallen wooden plank.

"How are you feeling?" I cupped her delicate cheek, rubbing off dirt with my own clothed fingers. "Is this too tight?" I tugged on the linen cloth around her arm.

The little girl shook her head.

"Just right?" I eyed her teary eyes, droplets forming on her lashes every time she blinked.

She nodded her head.

"That's good!" Beaming down her with a smile, I looked up from my kneeling position to see a fellow Kakushi come with a bowl and towel. "This young lady is going to wash you face, okay? I'll be right back."

The little girl nodded her head, the Kakushi in front of her kneeling down in the place I was once in to lightly press the damp towel on her face. As I walked around the ruined city, there were beds and Kakushi running about nearly everywhere.

This place had turned into a sanctuary to find the wounded, count the dead, and give out supplies. In the distance, I could see Iguro talking to Uzui. The two Hashira were sitting on a rubble pile, Iguro shaking his head as Uzui let out a hefty laugh.

Iguro and I had just made it in time. We didn't get to see the demons, but at least we found them in a crucial and damaged state.

Uzui had lost an eye, a cloth wrapping all around his head with his own blood dripping from his chin. Yet, he smiled like nothing had happened at all.

As for my friends, they were already being carried to the Butterfly Estate for proper treatment. They had all been in dangerous near death situations.

When I found them, their wounds were open and blood was trickling from each of their lips. Zenitsu had both his legs broken in the process. Tanjiro's tongue was pierced and his lower jaw had completely broken. Inosuke had at least half of his ribs broken or shattered while one of his arms was broken.

----

"Listen, you are going to stay alive." I cupped Zenitsu's cheek as he damped my haori with his blood and tears, rubbing his face on my shoulder. "Here we go," Grunting harshly, I yanked his arm to sling over my shoulders and behind my neck.

The sudden weight of his body shot a quick pain down my sprained ankle. I bit my lip, tasting that familiar metallic hue rush over my tongue, I took a step with my right foot and continued walking through the wreckage.

"(Y/N), you-" Zenitsu sniffled loudly. "You don't have to..."

"Zenitsu, I care about you and I only want the best for you. Please, allow me to help and repay you for all you've done for me." Giggling nervously, I smiled keenly up at him as his twisted legs gingerly hugged at my waist in search for a strong grip.

"But, you're hurt... and I feel bad... my legs hurt, (Y/N), what if you kissed them to help them feel better..."

I rolled my eyes at that comment. "Even at the brink of death, you're still trying. I love your determination."

I continued to carry the Demon Slayer over the bricks until we hit the main center of the survival center. The Kakushi and any medics in the area were gathered here to form a few tents for the wounded to stay and get treated on.