𝟒.𝟐

"I'm sure you've seen so many things around Japan more then me." I giggled as I stroked the small beaded head of my crow. She cooed softly, fluttering her wings as she wiggled myself underneath my palm.

Rita, my crow, snuck under my palm but had her petite head poking in between my thumb and index finger. Her beak rested on my thumb, head twitching every once in a while if another bird was heard in the distance.

"I wonder what it's like to fly..." I softly sighed, my shoulders starting to droop, my breath visible.

With my free arm, I rested my chin on my palm as I looked up at the clouded sky. The moon's luminescent rays would fade and grow brighter each moment a dark cloud crossed its path. Leaning over the railing of the wrap around balcony, my eyes trailed down to the courtyard garden in front of me.

It was a lovely crescent mooned evening, the crisp twilight scented air was lush around the garden, mixing with the unique smells of lavender and rose. It was a smell that was sure to prickle your nose as you walk into this Wisteria Estate.

At once, a rush of the icy breeze fled through my hair. At the same time, a piercing headache overcame my body.

"Ugh..." I muttered under my breath, I grabbed the strands of my hair with a harsh grip as I attempted to come to my senses.

Ever since that mission near the ocean, I've been having reoccurring headaches. It hasn't effected my fighting so far, but it won't be a pretty sight when that does happen.

Assigned to another mission, I would be leaving at the crack of dawn, once the sunlight touches the tip of the horizon. I should've gone to bed right there, but I had written a letter to the dear Love Piller.

"Send this to Mitsuri Kanroji's estate. It's not important, more of a friendly check in between friends." I muttered gingerly as I carefully tied the letter to Rita's claw. "I hope to hear from her soon."

With a nod of its feathered head, my crow lifted its wings and was casted up into the clouds as soon as I blinked my eyes.

Leaving me sighing to myself, my eyes began to feel a sense of heaviness. Perhaps I was exhausted from travelling from town to town. It's good I was able to find myself my own room and bed in this Wisteria Estate, one of many located in Japan.

"Come along now!"

I could feel the running of feet, without rest, thumping hard against the wooden floorboards. My head cogged itself to stare over my shoulder. I saw a few workers of the Wisteria Estate holding boxes and carrying them down the hall. I could count a group of three total were carrying boxes.

One of them was a petite girl, grunting as she lifted up a box in her hands. Sweat was dripping from her temples. She was probably years younger then me, working hard at this estate for the sake of us.

"Here," I quickly grabbed the other end of the box. Hearing the young girl gasp, I could see her surprised face as I lifted up the box with ease. "Allow me to help you."

"No! You mustn't! You're a special guest here at the estate." Shaking her head, she tried to hold up against the corners of the box. "Besides, the room we're delivering this to is only a few doors away."

I could only smile down at the young girl as she carefully took the box from my arms. "I thank you for the help, but I am truly all right!" Hoisting it up once again, she started to walk down the hallway. "Have a nice night, ma'am!"

She only lasted a few seconds before dropping the box once again, a high pitched squeal coming from her lips. Her head creaked over her shoulder like a clock ticking on its dial, slowly and hesitating after each second.