𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟐

The brightness of the sun's rays tickled my eyes open. The rays were warm, but the sudden change in lighting as I opened my eyes stung and forced me to scrunch up my face. I groaned, raising an arm to cover the sunlight from my eyes as I tried to get used to the lighting.

"D-DAD! M- I MEAN (Y/N) IS AWAKE!"

I turned my head over to see Aito jump up and run out of my room. The patting of his feet grew quaint as I sunk deeper into my pillow and stared up at the ceiling. My arm ached.

That was when I suddenly figured out what had happened the last night.

The demon and the unknown swordsman.

That demon didn't die just by having its head cut off by my sword. That swordsman must've done something to have triggered its death. Whatever it was, it was so powerful and quick I could barely grasp a hold on what the hell was going on. It was amazing...

That swordsman isn't like any other one I've met through my uncle. I even hate admitting this, but he may even be at the same level as him. It's crazy...

"(Y/N)!"

I raced my eyes towards my doorway, seeing my uncle rush into my room. He limped forwards, holding his damp and sweaty forehead as he approached my bedside. His eyes were clouded with worry as tears threatened to peak out of his eyes. It was the most vulnerable I've ever seen him.

"Uncle..." I croaked out, reaching an arm out to him.

"Don't! You need to rest." He softly muttered, pulling up a chair to sit down beside me. "How are you feeling?" He leaned over my body, softly brushing my hair off of my face.

I nodded my head in reply, my neck suddenly aching. "I'm... good." I stammered out, a smile tugging on my lips.

He sighed, leaning back in his chair. "That's bull. Do you remember anything from when you were attacked?"

"I... I saw... a demon..."

Once I spoke out those words, his gaze hardened as he froze in his seat. It was like he started to sink. His hand remained on his forehead where he was about to wipe the sweat off his face. He simply sat there, his eyes drying up as he stared down at me.

"Uncle...?" I whimpered, a tint of worry growing inside of me.

"(Y/N), it's time I tell you about my sword." He mumbled out, raising his sword from his sheath. It let out a slick and clean noise like one of the metals gliding against each other. He revealed the green hue of the blade, my face reflecting off of the shine. "It's not green because of grass stains..."

I chuckled. "I know..."

My uncle shook his head as he laid his sword out in front of him, the blade landing on his palms like a feather. "It's a special kind of sword. It's made out of a specific metal called nichirin."

I nodded my head. I tried to raise myself up so I could listen to him better. This talk about swords always sparked my interest and only wanted me to learn more and more about them. I've never heard about this nichirin metal. Never in my life until now.

"Nichirin swords are the only swords that are capable of defeating and killing a demon." He stated, twisting and lightly throwing the sword around on his palms and in between his fingers. "But they're only wielded by special swordsmen."

Special swordsmen. I knew it. That swordsman from last night was something to behold. Someday, I truly ache for a day when I can be as strong as him. Seeing him only wanted me to get out of this bed and start training even more.

"Those swordsmen are called Demon Slayers. And, (Y/N)," he stabbed the floorboard in between us, using the sword to lean up against it. He rested his hands on his grip, leaning into the sword. "I used to be a demon slayer."