𝟐.𝟒

"(Y/N)! Young (Y/N)!" Rengoku chanted as he poked my shoulder. His dashing smile was as pure as his soul. Rengoke, the Flame Piller, would also be my brother figure at times. I never had an older brother, but he was the one who felt like true family out of everyone.

"(Y/N) Yoshioka!"

"Oh! Yes?" I giggled as I lightly slapped his arm.

Once I caught onto his attention, he leaned up and straightened his back. He held his head up high as he pointed down at me while his other hand was strapped onto his hip. His white haori, ripping into fire patterns, blew nicely in the morning breeze.

"I'm going to be going on another mission!" He announced as I dropped my smile, quite confused at what he was going to explain. "And I want you to come along with me!"

In a mere second, my smile returned onto my face, along with sparkles in my eyes as I awed the Flame Piller. Rengoku had been nominated to be my mentor before, but Tomioka was the one who took me in. Now, I'm not mad at all. Tomioka is an amazing mentor.

"No way! I'd love to come along, 'Ku!" I laughed out as I gave out his little nickname. He ruffled my hair harshly on my head.

"Excellent! I will be departing soon, so be prepared at any given moment!" He grunted out as he crossed his arms and relaxed his face into his usual smile. Rengoku was someone who I'd rarely see frown, so even his resting face was a smile.

"Though, I'll go ask Tomioka if you can come. After all," he raised up a finger. "You are his Tsukugo, and I don't want to take you away without his permission." He raised his head as he placed his thumb underneath his chin as he were to process thoughts. "That's almost equivalent to kidnapping Tomioka's child." He sighed.

That would be a problem. Tomioka is the one who would usually assign or give permission for me to go on missions. Unlike Shinobu, she would be the one to accompany her Tsukugo, Kanao, on her missions. I guess the two have different ways to teach and that's not a problem.

"Hmm, you are right." I relaxed my shoulders and let out a sigh. The girls also need my help at the estate for a while.

"Hmph! Well, I just wanted to let you know." He chuckled. "Don't put your head down! We're still getting information on the mission, but if I were to be sent on it," he pointed to himself in a strong and passionate manner. "You would be the one to accompany me!"

----

After that amazing encounter with the Flame Piller, I was already bustling with confidence and energy. I marched down the hallways, which were almost empty now since everyone was in their hospital beds or in break.

Inosuke, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu were all going to be in Rehabilitation Training. I heard Tanjiro and Inosuke were already admitted, but today was Zenitsu's first day. Oh, what an experience they'll have.

I hadn't been to the estate in two days, making those days time to spend with Aito or training on my own. I don't really know what to train about, though.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Sumi, one of the helping girls of the Butterfly Estate, cried from behind me. I heard a patting of feet against the hardwood floors of the estate as I turned around to see the helpless girl run up to me.

She hugged my arm, shaking it up and down and sideways as her beady eyes were squinted and a cute little frown was on her face. Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho were all three young girls who came to the Butterfly Estate when their families were killed by demons.

"Oh dear," I sighed, thinking of another problem that may have come up. "What's wrong, Sumi?" I asked as she tugged on my haori.

"Aoi needs help conducting the Rehabilitation Training! Kanao couldn't do it today as Shinobu requested her presence..." Sumi went on and on about how I was needed to held out Aoi.