𝟐.𝟏

Sometimes, things don't like to go my way. Honestly, that's perfectly fine. Things never really went my way anyway. I had to get used to it either way. Even when you think my life seems nice, being a Tsukugo and living with Pillers, everyone has their own battles to face. Everyone has their own tasks and goals to handle.

My task is to defeat all the demons and protect all my loved ones. I was too late to save my uncle. I was too slow to cut off the demon who killed him off. Hence, I vowed myself to kill everyone demon in my path.

The anger and hatred for them only grew by the second.

However, my current task was finding a Kakushi team. Once I find a Kakushi team, I can lead them to Inosuke.

Inosuke?

Oh yeah. He's a demon slayer I recently met back at the Final Selection. Ever since then, we've been meeting all the time. Crossing missions, going on a joint mission, and now seeing him after Tomioka and I saved him from this spider demon.

It's strange since I've never met anyone like him. Anyone as stupid and blunt as him. I've never met anyone who really crossed my mind as much as he did. Maybe it was his attractive face or the way his swords looked. Maybe his breathing technique? Whatever it was, it kind of annoyed me.

But that didn't matter at this moment. He was crucially hurt with cuts all over his body. The only task for me was to get him a Kakushi team to retrieve him and get him alive. Otherwise, that would put my task of protecting others into failure.

I've been running for a few minutes, but I could finally see the Kakushi group that was wrapping bodies in linen cloth.

They were all running around, holding small bodies of humanoid spiders or holding up ladders to retrieve more people who were being held by a thread. It's a miracle that most of these people are alive.

Kanao patted my back as she turned to face me, finishing giving a few orders to Kakushi.

"Kanao? Would it be alright if I took a team of Kakushi? Maybe three." I asked her as I held up my three fingers, each one bandaged with a red hue leaking out. "There's a demon slayer in the forest who has critical wounds."

Before Kanao could respond with her coin, I heard a familiar hum behind me.

Turning around, Shinobu had her closed eye smile as she waltzed over to me. Her hair floated nicely as she seemed to be floating. Each move she made with her steps was like she was walking on air, gracefully.

"My, my, (Y/N), of course! In the meantime, I might as well send a few more Kakushi towards your area just to scan if any more demon slayers are nearby." She smoothly spoke out as she unwrapped a roll of linen.

"In the meantime, Kanao will lead this part of the mountain. I have a small chore I need to take care of." Shinobu sighed as she swung her sword out.

I bowed. "Is there anything I can do before I take my leave?" I asked as she handed Kanao a linen cloth.

Shinobu hummed as she poked herself in her chin. "Well... there's a demon slayer on the top of that shed," Shinobu pointed to a shed that was hanging in mid-air, being held up by spider threads. That must've been the place where a demon was hiding. "Before you go, please assist the Kakushi there for a moment.

In a flash she disappeared.

I was already on my way to the shed. I could see a group of Kakushi hovering over a certain spot. Murmurings and whispers were heard from them as they slowly moved out of my way.

There, I saw a terrible sight.

 A demon slayer with bright yellow hair was passed out, laying down on a stretcher as Kakushi tried their best to wrap his small limps. It seemed like he was poisoned and in the process to become a humanoid spider.