𝟑.𝟐

No.

No.

No.

I couldn't believe the scene that unfolded before me. I tried to shout, wail, and cry, but nothing would come out of my throat. It was like the words I tried to say were all choking my throat, leaving me gasping and huffing for air like there was nothing else for me to do. Well, there wasn't.

Instead of helping Rengoku, I just stood and watched as he.. as he...

I lifted up my left foot, leaning on it as I tried to carry myself up. No. No...

My eyes had to be deceiving me. I blinked. Twice. Three times. As many times as I could just to blur out the damn image. For as long as I could remember, Rengoku can defeat Upper Moons and Lower Moons in a flash. But... why now...

Why.

As this Upper Moon demon's fist was lodged into Rengoku's chest, why was he frozen as he looked down upon him. 

Beside me, Tanjiro was gasping and wheezing out air as he watched the same scene. I'm sure he was thinking the same unbelievable things as I. We were both stuck. In shock. Same goes for Inosuke. He was standing behind us, his fists wrapped around his swords. He would run straight into the fight and shriek, but he froze.

We were all struck by the scene.

Move. Move. Come on, my damn legs need to move.

But before my legs could even move, Rengoku was already reacting.

I gasped, seeing his arm quickly move as he whipped his sword around and slashed it onto the demon's neck. I could hear the demon stutter out something, but it raised its fist back to launch it into Rengoku's face.

With his other hand, Rengoku grabbed the demon's fist and even stopped it from coming straight towards him.

"HOLY- HOLY- F-FUCK!" I shouted out as I pointed at the scene. "He's... holding the demon's fist!" I gasped as I placed my hand over my mouth. My ankle was no longer stinging, so I put an easy and soft amount of weight on my right side.

They were both straining to push each other back, grunts and heavy panting coming from the both of them.

Tanjiro immediately got up. I rose my hand out to him, yelling constantly to call him back. "TANJIRO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

From behind me, I could feel the soft rays of sunlight as the whole valley started to light up in a beautiful orange hue. Morning was coming and we had to act quick. I nodded, knowing exactly what Tanjiro intended to do.

I whipped my sword out, starting a running sprint down the dust. My ankle started to sting, but I pressed weight on it every other step. So I was simply just hopping and using my right foot as a propeller.

Tanjiro and I ran closer, being able to hear both the demon and Rengoku's deep voices as they screamed and shouted at each other. Behind me, Inosuke was already catching up.

"MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!" The demon commanded as he tried to squirm out of Rengoku's hold, grabbing his fist and trying to push him down.

"(Y/N)! INOSUKE!" Tanjiro shouted from my right. "MOVE!"

I was already on the move. At this point, if I make an attack move, my wound will open up and start bleeding once more. But I couldn't even think about my wound at this moment. All that was on my mind was getting my fucking sword into that demon.

I ran up to them, facing the back of Rengoku. And here was when I shattered every bone in my ankle. Harshly using all the strength left in me, I jumped up as high as I could. Flipping over the two of them, I had my sword in a straight formation just as I was upside down.