𝟑.𝟓

I cleared my throat, pressing my fist against my lips as I straightened my back to a higher length. With a piece of my hair falling past my ear and onto my face, I flinched it away by jerking my head to the right just a tad. Fiddling with my fingers in a nervous dance, I glanced upwards to the Piller sitting beside me.

Sanemi Shinaguzawa, the Wind Piller, was sitting on the chair that was placed next to my bedside. He was taller then me by at least five inches. So his shadow lingered over me like a tower.

I let out a sigh, seeing that he wasn't responsive at all nor did he move an inch. His nose was held up high as his spiked hair fell over his scars on his forehead.

Sanemi was one of those Pillers whom you'd recognize right away. He had many scars going across his face and his chest, which was very toned and revealed when he opened up his uniform.

His eyes were like a duo of two sharp swords, if you stare into them it might hurt your own eyes.

"Erm..." I gulped as he blinked. Finally, a sign that he's not some wax figure. "Did you need something...?"

He lowered his head, his hair waving a tad as his eyes trailed away from me. His lips straightened into a line as he let out a sigh.

"Your..." he cleared his throat, his voice coming out deep and hoarse. "Your uncle."

I nodded. "Yes...?"

"I knew him, back then..." he sighed, slouching forward as he placed his elbows on his knees. "And I wanted to- maybe- at least get to talk to his niece and son..."

I widened my eyes as two questions appeared in my head.

One; why is Sanemi being so... quiet? I mean, yes, he's quiet at times, but his stubborn and rude behavior takes a toll with the other Pillers and honestly reminds me very much of Inosuke. I heard that he only shows his calm and contained side towards Master Ubuyashiki. But why me? A child? And Tsukugo of one of his most grudged Piller, Tomioka?

Two; I knew he knew my uncle. My uncle used to tell Aito and I tales of when he was a "traveler." Back then, I didn't know he was referring to being a Demon Slayer. He told us of a time he met a young boy, maybe ten years younger then him, whom he traveled with for a small period of time before he had to leave for the arranged marriage.

Yet, why was Sanemi coming to me now about my uncle when I've known him for at least two years? I'd see him pass by while I'm training, but I never take notice of him.

"Oh..." I sighed. "That's understandable."

The air was quiet as we never said another word. Aito had left to do more of his medicine training with Aoi, who was also taking care of Inosuke, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu, who were training for their next mission.

It was a huge train of what do to and what to get done.

"Is there anything else you need?" I asked him, he lifted his head up as I spoke out those words in a calm and monotone tune.

His lips twitched as his eyes suddenly bolted onto mine.

"I want you to be my Tsukugo."

----

"TSUKUGO?" Inosuke shrieked as he jumped back and bumped right into Zenitsu, who wailed a complaint to the feral boy. "AREN'T YOU THE... THE HALF HAORI GUY'S TSUKUGO THING?"

I sighed, shaking my head as I leaned back in my chair. "It's so confusing. That's what I told Sanemi, but he simply replied with," I puffed up my chest to mimick the Wind Piller. "'I don't care about Tomioka, I want you to be my Tsukugo.'" I let out a sigh, having done a deep voice.