𝟑.𝟗

October 29, 2020

Hello everyone! Hello my fabulous readers!

First, I wanted to apologize for having a super duper long unexpected hiatus. :( This entire month has been jam packed with event after event on my schedule. Normal chapter release times will resume quickly!

Second, I know some of us here may or may have not seen the new Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Infinity Train Movie. I, sadly, haven't seen it yet as I live in the U.S. BUT if you have seen it or are a manga reader, such as I, I please please ask for no spoilers in the comments for other readers who are anime only.

Third, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 500 READS! I AM SO THANKFUL FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! Even if you're a reader who quickly read through or read one chapter and left, I am still so thankful for your effort and I adore you for even checking in on this fanfiction. THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH! <3

That is all! Have a wonderful week and Halloween! Stay safe out there everyone!

(Also if you want to talk to me and just plain on talk and cry about the movie and manga don't be afraid to peak into my conversations or add my discord)

cursed

----

"Think about the way you breathe."  My uncle sighed as he waltzed around my shaky stance, his arms behind his back as his eyes were stabbed into my form.

With my sword held in front of me, my fingers blistered as my hands shook from all the training, I was determined to perfect my first attack move on him. We've been doing practice sparring nearly the whole week. Today, I was bound to bring him down, but not kill him of course.

My lungs ached as I heaved them open and closed. My throat yearned for water, almost like I've never tasted it before. I could feel my knees lock and loosen each time I took in a deep breath.  It almost felt like weights were placed on my shoulders as I tried to keep a straight and perfect stance.

Nonetheless, I was exhausted. My eleven year old body was exhausted. Young girls my age were already getting their assigned marriage papers signed, learning about the history of Japan, and probably even painting masterpieces of art. They would be studying hard, probably already learning to write out many characters in Kanji. Not that I'm complaining, but I certainly would love to fall on my knees and rest for a while. 

"Oi, your back needs to be straight as well." I felt my uncle press his palm against my back. "Try taking deep breathes to calm your shakiness. Focus on a mental dot in front of you to keep your balance."

Clenching my teeth as I sipped in slivers of breath, I could see my uncle as he stood in front of me. He had his hands on his hips, his dark green sheath fastened to his waist. He didn't take his sword out, nor stand in his fighting stance.

His darted eyes were staring into mine, waiting for something. An attack perhaps?

"I want you to attack me, but," His sheath suddenly clicked as his fingers hovered around it. And with the wind blowing harshly behind me, his sheath fell right onto the dirt. A small amount of dust was raised as the sheath fell. "I won't be attacking you. Simply dodging."

Dodging? Only dodging? No attacks?

One, I felt that would be unfair.

Two, I also felt that I would lose in a way. My energy was drained to its last straw and one miss, I could fall right on my knees and never stand up again. The winner was quite obvious if you looked at the situation blindly, but for me, I won't be the winner.