𝟑.𝟎

My energy was regained, making me able to stand up straight and correctly at this point. It's been about three or four minutes since Tanjiro left. There's still no sign of the others waking up. Rengoku seems to be conscious, but trying to fight the sleep. 

Nezuko was poking Zenitsu's cheek, trying her best to wake the others up. If I remember correctly, I woke up from my dream by slicing my own neck. It was a terrifying sight, but it was something I had to risk to save the others.

My hand holding onto my neck, rubbing the sweat that had formed there, I let out a sigh as I looked out of the window. Were we really asleep all this time and no one had alerted us? We let out guard down too soon after seeing that first demon that we hadn't even taken notice if there were other demons on board.

I could hear small panting coming from the sleeping others. Looking at Inosuke, he really seemed to be okay. Yet, I wonder what kind of dream he's having right now. I even wonder if there's anything I can do to wake him up.

My eyes kept on darting up and down the train car. If there was a demon attack, some could even come to us right now. I'm also quite skeptical about Nezuko... wondering if she'll rip open that bamboo in her mouth and attack us.

Ehhh... If Tanjiro trusts her I'm sure she's okay. I think.

All of a sudden, I felt a small tug on my haori.

My heart skipped a beat. Turning over my shoulder, it was Nezuko. I dropped my happy expression, but looked down and met her bright pink eyes.

"Nezuko? What's the... pro...blem." My eyes trailed up as I saw Inosuke sit upright. My words started to slur and I truly felt my heart skip a beat now. My eyes widened as his head shot in every direction.

"HOLY SHIT!" Inosuke shrieked as he fell off of the cushioned seat. Nezuko and I backed up as he quickly regained his energy and stood upright.

It wasn't until now when he saw me. I could see his arms and shoulders tense up as he saw me. He lifted his mask up ever so slightly, our eyes actually meeting at this point. I could get lost in his eyes for as long as I wanted.

"Oh! Rice girl!" He chuckled as he pointed at me and put his other hand on his hip. "I had the strangest thing. Vision. Or- Whatever the hell I was seeing."

I didn't even notice the whimper that left my lips as I sniffled upon seeing him. He paused in his movements, watching as small streaks of tears fled down my face. My throat tightened up, blocking out any words that I was about to say. It was like a full on sword stabbed me right in my heart.

His eyes widened as he saw me, sitting at his feet on my knees. It was like his eyes were searching for something in mine, pupils running in between both my eyes. He lifted a confident, yet somewhat nervous and hesitant, smile.

"Why are you crying?" He smirked, grabbed his swords from his back. As he unwrapped the cloth that covered them, I wiped my tears with my haori, a thick cough coming out of me. "It doesn't suite you."

"Sh-Shut up!" I cried as I shoved him with my shoulder. "I'm just- just glad you're not..."

Inosuke suddenly slapped me. Yes. Slapped me. Using the back of his hand, he whipped it right across my cheek. My head was snapped ajar, pushed to one side as my mind was fogged with what had just happened.

Crossing his arms and straightening his back, a low gruff left his lips. "As if I," pointing to himself with one of his swords, "the Great Inosuke would die! Only weaklings die," he nodded, causing his mask to cover his smile. "and weakling cry, too! AND THEY WOULD ASSUME THAT SOMEONE AS STRONG AS ME WOULD DIE!"