𝟑.𝟖

October 1, 2020

So sorry for another announcement, but thank you so much for 300 reads! I really don't know what to say and I'm so so so grateful for every single one of those reads!

I don't know what else to say. This is my first fanfic that I released and I'm so glad to see that it's getting positive feedback. I can't thank everyone enough for all the reads.

As Halloween is approaching, I wish everyone a safe and fun October! Only a handful of days away from the Mugen Train movie release!

cursed

It's been two days since I arrived at this ocean village. In those two days, I'm going to be completely honest, I've seen nothing. I patrolled the shores for two nights, all around until I saw the mountains on either sides. I even asked for a boat to survey the area. I saw nothing.

I even sat on the sandy beach, the sand in between my fingers as I ran my hands through the grainy substance, completely blind about my surrounding. And even when I was walking around the village without a sword, nothing came out to attack me.

No demon. And no fish either. It was strange. The fishers came to me and told me about the huge drop in fish since my appearance.

It was so confusing and boggled my mind. I best tell Sanemi about this quickly. Maybe the demon was defeated or died in the sunlight. Or there was no demon at all and this was false? But there are people missing.

I was sitting in my hotel room, only one bed for me and barely enough space to walk around. My crow was sitting at my window, waiting for me as I finished up writing a letter to Sanemi. With my window opened up, a soft brush of wind would lift the curtains and sometimes the paper on my desk.

It was night time. The sun had just set over the ocean horizon, a beautiful purple and orange reflection flashing among the ocean and along the sky. Stars were fluttering among the sky blanked, emitting a calming night light. I'd hear the slow and faint splashes of the waves every once in a while, a breeze running in from my window.

With my ink sliding nicely among the paper, I bit my lip as I signed off my name on the letter.

"Alright!" I exclaimed with relief in my breath, folding up the letter. Hopping onto my desk, Rita, my crow, tilted her head down as she saw me wrap the letter in a small red ribbon. Turning to her now, my eyes matching with hers, I clipped the message onto her talon.

"Please send this to Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Piller. If not, send this to Shinobu Kochou to alert Master Oyakata." Ordering her about the letter and where to drop it off, she flew out quicker then I thought, her small black feathers falling onto my desk as she did so.

Sighing, I perched my chin up with my knee as I leaned onto my desk. A mission for two days, my joint partner a no-show, and the demon being a no-show. But hey, at least I got to see an old friend and the ocean for once.

Maybe before I leave, I can dip my toes in the water.

My sword was in between my legs, flipping and bobbing it from thigh to thigh. I swayed around in my chair, thinking of something to kill time or at least a way to get some sleep. The shops and stores in the village have all closed, still cautious about being open during the night.

I haven't been getting enough sleep. For the past... maybe month or so, I've been up training or just can't get enough sleep at all. I don't feel tired, nor out of breath. It's more of feeling, groggy. I still have energy of course.

I was just about to shut off my oil lamp when I heard a knock on my door.

For a single moment, my heart jumped. But I quickly shook it away, my hopes deflating as I knew that Inosuke wouldn't be here at my doorstep, heck he wouldn't even knock.