𝟐.𝟖

(November 30, 2020

This is a new update. Recently watching the movie, through totally not illegal ways, I realize that some of the parts in this fanfiction are not matching with the scenes in the movie. With that being said, the Mugen Train Arc of this fanfiction will be under construction for the time being.

Thank you!

cursed)

In all honesty, I did NOT get informed that Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu would be joining Rengoku and I on this mission. I thought it would just be us, but honestly, the more the merrier. And I couldn't be more merrier.

I was quite embarrassed about it, too. Rengoku and Tanjiro were talking about flame and fire breathing forms while discussing the difference. Inosuke and Zenitsu were on the aisle on the opposite side from ours.

Inosuke had his arms out of the window, a fast breeze shooting into the room. I could hear him cackle and laugh as he opened up the window wider.

Zenitsu held Inosuke by his mask, crying and wailing at him to try to pull him back into the room.

Sighing, I realized that I had a crush on that idiot.

"(Y/N)! You're Tomioka's Tsukugo?" Tanjiro gasped as he held his knees and leaned forward with a widened expression on his pale pink face.

Surprised, I nodded and cleared my throat. "I thought Aoi announced that when I first helped assist you guys with Rehabilitation Training." I giggled, rubbing the back of my head as I tried to find that itch from behind me.

He suddenly retracted and blushed, scratching his face with his calloused hands. "Oh! You're right..." he nervously chuckled as he backed up into the seat. "I also never got to ask, but how did you and Inosuke meet? You two seem close!"

"Cl-Close? It really seems like that?" I flustered up and covered my eyes with my hands, squirming around my seat. "We just met at the Final Selection, and since then we've been meeting each other everywhere!"

Tanjiro let out a soft laugh. "To be honest, Inosuke talks about you... and how you always feed him when he's feeling down."

"Really?"

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! I NEED HELP!" Zenitsu cried all of a sudden, breaking my whole entire train of thought.

Shooting my attention towards him, nearly half of Inosuke was out while he tried to kick Zenitsu off and climb out of the window. His legs hanging inside of the room while his whole body, waist and up, was outside of the window.

"H-Holy! Oh my god! Okay!" I gasped and immediately stood up to run over to their aisle.

Reaching over Inosuke's back, Zenitsu and I grabbed either sides of his shoulders and yanked him back into the room. I shut the window and placed my hands on my hips, my feet tapping on his leg as he sat upright in a criss-cross formation.

Rubbing his head, he cussed under his breath.

"What was that for, rice girl?" He groaned as he pointed at me and slowly stood up. With a strong "hmph" coming from underneath his mask, he crossed his arms. "Why are you in my way?"

I felt a little taken aback and quite sad when he said that. It was like a small part of me shattered.

"Well, I couldn't just have you jump out of a train and be left out there! We have a mission HERE," I pointed down at the carpet. "And not, out THERE." I pointed at the window, that Zenitsu was trying to lock.

Inosuke was just about to yell. I knew because I could hear him take a deep breath as his shoulders rose up and he raised his arms from their crossed position.