Winter

Chapter Ten

I check my phone one more time, just in case. Nothing not one message from Thomas. I sigh and shove my phone into my pocket, plastering a smile on my face. "Thank you so much Kaya. It was really kind."
"It okay," she gives me a sorrowful look and hugs me. We pull back and I pick up my bags, walking out the door, waving with my free hand.

The drive to the airport isn't to long, the taxi driver doesn't speak one bit so I'm listening to my music and scrolling through some old photos. It doesn't help, so I stop and relax into the seat. A little bing comes through my headphones, a message. I hastily unlock my phone, it's Dylan. My heart drops a tiny bit but I read it anyway.
I'm so sorry I feel terrible
You never have to forgive me
I tried to talk to him but he won't listen
Sorry
Dylan
I don't answer, I take my headphones out and put my phone away. Ten minutes till we get to the airport.
__

The line for the baggage area is long. I end up waiting in it for twenty minutes, but eventually I make it through, sending my bags to the plane. I was really going. What would I do when I got home? I try to keep my mind off it, focusing only on getting to the right gate. I check the board, gate five. My eyes widen and I quickly run over to gate five, the line is quite long, I quickly slip myself into it, sighing.

"Can I have your ticket please." The perfectly pampered ticket officer says. I shakily hand her the ticket. This was it, I was going home. And then a voice interrupts my thoughts, "Wait!" I knew that voice any where, it was Thomas