Trip-2

Chapter Two
Thomas's POV

"Y/N?" I ask confused as it hung up almost immediately, but I give up knowing that the bus just arrived and she needed to quickly get on it. I decide not to push it since I've already called her a million times, so I put done my phone and smile at Nora.
"I'm hubby!" She whines, I pick her up into my arms. "Okay sweetheart lets get some food." I place a small kiss on her nose and walk into the kitchen. "So what would you like?"
"Mmmm....yogurt."
"Okay darling." I put her down and she wobbles over to the carpet to play with her toys. I quickly spoon some strawberry yogurt into a small bowl and make myself a tea.
"Here you go sweet heart." I say as I join her in the lounge room. She smiles and climbs onto my lap, making a mess with the yogurt. I laugh, "Nora now we have to clean you up."
She pouts, "daddy!" In a flash she jumps off my lap and down the hall squealing. "Are we going to play hide and seek?"
"Come n get me." She screams, I place the bowl down and go after her. "Where are you Nora." I can hear her giggling as I enter her room. I can see her huddled up in between he lamp and drawers, but I pretend I don't see her. "Nora?" Her giggles become louder as I search around the room. Then we I come close to her I grab her stomach tickling her. "Found you!"
She laughs, "my turn now daddy."
She closes her eyes but I can tell she's peaking. I tiptoe out of the room and go into Y/N and my bedroom, hiding behind the door. Soon after I hide she quickly runs in looking under the bed. "Daddyyy?" She turns around and sees me, Nora starts to laugh. "I fownd you!!"
I give her a kiss, "yes you did!"
Then she's gone. This time it's a lot harder to find her and I spend a good ten minutes looking for her before there's a knock on the door. "Nora!" I call before opening it, "it's time to come out now!"
Standing at the door is an unexpected police man. He shows no emotion, "hello officer," I say politely, "can I help you?"
The officer goes to speak but my focus is distracted by Nora's little feet galloping down the hall, she smashes into my legs squealing and laughing. I pick her up, "there you are beautiful. Where were you?"
She laughs and whispers, "hiding."
I smile at her soft small voice, placing a kiss on her head. I turn back to the police man, still holding Nora. The mans emotion has changed, almost pain in his eyes. "I have some bad news." He says in a low deep voice, I try to think of what could of gone wrong. But nothing occurs to me. He continues. "Your wife Y/N Sangster. She has been hit by a car. Before boarding a bus. The accident occurred because she was on the phone and wasn't watching the cars."
My stomach drops everything in the world melts away, my mind focuses on the abrupt stop of our phone call. The way she rushed to the bus. No words seem to come out so the officer continues. "I'm so sorry."
I force myself to speak wanting more information, "where is she? Which hospital? Is she alright?"
The police mans eye brows furrow, "she dead." He says it as if I'm stupid.
"oh..hh. Thank you."
He nods once and leaves. That's when I give in, sinking to the ground. "Daddy?" Nora asks.I don't find the strength to reply. Y/N, Y/N was dead. She was gone. Forever. I let out a strangulated cough, tears dribble down my cheeks. I start to wail and scream. Forgetting about everything around me. "Daddy!" Nora yells, but I can't seem to do anything. My face is red, my clothes wet. "She's gone!" I scream, spitting flying everywhere. "Daddy?!!" Nora screams shaking my jacket, she starts to cry confused by the situation. The words echo through my mind your the most wonderful father on the planet, don't doubt that. I have to do it for Y/N do it for her! I pull myself out of the trance, pulling Nora close. Into a tight hug. "I'm sorry Nora," I wail, "I love you, I'm so sorry."
She sings a couple of times and hugs me back, "I love you too daddy."