Winter

Chapter Twenty

"Morning Nina." I say as I flick on the kettle. "Morning, Thomas still asleep?"
I nod, "he will be up soon, so I'll make him a tea, if you don't mind."
"Not at all, here I'll get you some cups."
She walks to the cupboard and pulls out three cups, "is English breakfast okay?"
"Yeah."
We make the three teas and take them outside, I place a small plate on top of Thomas's so it will keep warm. "it's nice to be back." I sigh. "I'm so glad your here, I can't believe you guys are getting married. And I've only met him twice!"
"I know we never really came over."
Thomas walks through the door and out into the bright sunshine.His hair is messy and he is wearing a baggy shirt. He sits down next to me, "morning." I say and kiss him, he puts his arm around my waist and takes a sip of his tea. "When are we going to your parents?"
"This afternoon, we can relax here then go over later."
"Mm good." He softly squeezes my waist, making me jump and squeal. He laughs, "Thomas!" He brings his lips to mine, they collide. "God you guys are cute!" Nina says, giggling.
I bite my lip, lean against Thomas. He moves his elbow slightly, accidentally pushing my tea off the table. There's a second of pain as the burning tea meets my cool, bare legs. "Oh god!" Thomas says, quickly picking up the cup. "Are you alright my love? I'm so sorry."
"Yeah I'm fine." I cringe as the tea drips down my legs, into my toes. "I'll get you a towel." Nina says, "No it's okay, I'm just going to have a shower."
I kiss Thomas on the head and walk inside.
__
"Thanks Nins," I giggle, "that was perfect."
"That's okay, I'll see you tonight."
"Tonight?" I ask.
"Your mum is-" she pauses, "actually never mind, oops." I laugh and give her a hug. "See you tonight then." She waves, I take Thomas hand. We stroll down the path to my parents house. We're instantly welcomed, my mum wraps her arms tightly around me. "Oh darling how are you? How was the flight?"
I pull back and take Thomas's hand, "I'm wonderful," I smirk at Thomas, "the flight was pretty good, not much turbulence. How are you guys?"
"Well your father just got promoted."
"Oh wonderful." My body shuffles over closer to Thomas's. Mum smiles, "I'll show you to cutesies to your room."
I roll my eyes and we follow her down the hall. We end up at the end of the hall, the room is pleasant, lots of natural light seeps through the thin flowing curtains, the walls are painted white, a large queen sized bed sits in the middle of the room. Across from that is a glass door leading out onto a verandah. "Wow thanks mum, its beautiful."
"That's okay, I want you two to feel really comfortable," she smirks, "well I'll leave you two to it." She creeps out, a large smile on her face. I turn to Thomas, placing my hands on his waist. He smirks, and presses his lips against mine. "This is beautiful Y/N, I'm so glad we're getting married here."
My hands move off his waist and grab his hands, "good."
A loud knock sounds on the door,
"Y/N?"
I inch over to the door and open it, "Dad!"
He gives me a bear hug, "it's so good to see you!"
"You to dad, I heard you got promoted."
"Yeah, second in command." He winks at Thomas, knowing Newt's position.
Thomas chuckles and shakes his hand, and they give each other a manly hug. I never understood men, they always had a specific hug. "Well nice to see you both looking well, you luggage is out at the door, do you need help bringing it in?"
"Yes please." I say, we walk back out into the main room, grab our luggage and head back to the room."
"Thanks dad." I say as he places the last large suitcase on the floor. He nods and walks out, bur he quickly comes back, "remember we are kind of having a welcome party tonight."
"I know." He smiles and leaves. Thomas walks to the suitcase, dragging it over to my feet. "Want to unpack?"
I smile and nod, crouching down, and starting on the mass of clothes and possessions.
__
"Y/N, I'm sorry honey could you go some drinks and dips. I know this is your get together, but I'm really busy and I don't know where your father is."
Mum asks, quickly mixing a bowel of something strange. Thomas comes up from behind me, "I'll do it," he says, "I'm not busy."
I grab the keys from the bench kissing him on the nose. "see you soon." I chuckle and walk out the door.

The streets are busy, there is about a million miles of cars stretched out along the highway. Each car moves every two minutes, we were getting no where. I spot a street turning to the left, I'll turn off there and find a way to the shop. I sigh and turn on the radio, every channel is pretty crap, nothing good playing, I flick it off. The cars move an inch more, I'm about a meter away from the turn off, when the cars move again I can safely turn. A small buzzing comes from my phone, it's Thomas.
Hey love x
People are arriving, your mum wants you to hurry up. How long are you away?
I start to text back, but the cars start to move again, I drop my phone and quickly turn onto the street. My foot pushes down on the auxiliary, making the little car go faster. Thomas wanted me back soon, besides the street was empty. Suddenly a large car randomly turns out of a street up ahead, they're just in front of me. I slam down the breaks, but not quick enough. My chest bounces against the steering wheel, my head flings forward. The picture disappears, it's replaced by a thick curtain of black.