Sandwich

Chapter Four

"Come over here," I take his hand and pull him towards a mound of rocks. We sit down, his hand quivers in the air for a moment then he brings it to my face. "How long have you lived here Y/N?"
"My whole life!"
He laughs and I join him, "where were you before here?"
"Traveling, for mums work."
"Oh," we take a seat on the rocks, "you sure yo-" I'm cut off by a shrill ring. Thomas's pulls out his phone, "sorry."
I don't know who is on the other side of the phone but it didn't sound good, all Thomas is repeating is sorry. When he hangs up, he hurdles his phone onto the rocks in anger. "Wo Thomas!" I scoop it up like its a tiny baby, "this is the new generation!"
He sinks down onto the ground, laughing, "your so funny. Its okay I'll just get another one."
"Jees lucky."
He smiles once again but it's engulfed by sadness. I move over to him, "what's wrong?"
"My mum, she knows I skipped and she is really angry. I have to leave," he looks me in the eye and kisses me once, "I'm really sorry."
I squeeze his hand, "it's okay."
__

Music fills my ears, it's the start of the day, Thomas had left and I went home, I was looking forward to seeing him again. My music listening to is interrupted by a lady yanking my ear bud out. An angry expression on her face, "are you Y/N?" She asks, I nod "um yes."
"Your a distraction to my son, he is a good hard working boy and I don't want you messing that up. You are no longer to talk to him, let alone see him."
A confused look appears on my face, hurt washes through me but I manage a nod. She storms away, I feel blank. The bell rings and I hurry off to class.
__

Geography. Thomas walks into class, friends surrounding him, his friends make a seat for him. A little hurt I ignore it and focus on work. Thomas glances at me from time to time, meaningful looks on his face. The bell is about to go when Thomas brushes past my desk, dropping a note.
10 pm, same spot
A smile crosses my face, yay!
__

The night is cold, I'm covered by a hodie and jeans, by the time I get there Thomas is already sitting on the rocks. "Hey." I say.
"Hey Y/N."
"You sure this okay?"
"I don't care," he stands up, grabs me unexpectedly, "your amazing, and I don't care if I have to see you secretly every night, I really," he pauses, "I really love You Y/N."
My cheeks turn pink, I lean forward and kiss him, "I love you to."
He smiles and takes me behind the rocks, "first date?" A small picnic basket and blanket is laid out, I bite my lip, "this is gorgeous Thomas."
He laughs, "good."

I never knew I could fall in love with someone so quick, and I didn't care if this had to be secret, but I loved him and no one could stop me.