Winter

Chapter Fourteen

Thomas opens the car door for me. He offers his hand and I grab it, climbing out of the car. We walk into a large, fancy building. "Wow this looks beautiful." Thomas takes my hand and pulls me into an elevator. A confused look crosses my face, I point back to the main floor, "reservations?"
Thomas chuckles, "well I did some negotiating and-" the doors of the elevator interrupt him. They open, we're on the top floor, the balcony. Beautiful lights line the railing, there are only a few tables, two of them have couples sitting there. The rest are empty. Thomas leads me to the table right in the corner, we sit down. Bright city lights line the dark night sky. They twinkle behind Thomas, I smile, how had I gotten this lucky? My chair is right next to the railing, I peer over the edge. The beach is a few meters away. My eyes follow the large concrete path down, to the sand. I look back at Thomas, his chocolate brown eyes. "You know. I love you so much."
He smiles and kisses me on the knuckle, "I know, I love you to." He runs his thumb over my cheek bone, until the waiter comes over. "And what can I get you tonight?" The waiter say in a posh, manly voice. We quickly glance at the menu, we had completely forgotten about it. "Well I'll get the chefs choose please." The waiter nods and scribbles it down on his note pad, he turns to Thomas. "The same please." The waiter nods and walks away. "Hey Y/N I have another present for you, he pulls an envelope out of his pocket, and passes it to me. I open it, a piece of paper is inside. I take the paper out, a picture of a star is at the top, with a document of words underneath. "What this?" I ask.
"I bought a star for you. So if I'm every away for a long time. I'll be there, watching over you. So you'll never be alone." Sweetness hits my heart, I stare at the star again. "My Tommy star." I curl my fingers in his hair and press my lips to his. "It's the most beautiful star in the sky. Thank you." I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. His fingers run back and forth along my back. The waiter comes back, I sit up, slightly embarrassed. He places two bowels of creamy white pasta, and a plate of honey and pepper calamari. "Mm that looks delicious, thank you." I say, the waiter smiles and trots off. Thomas and I instantly tuck in, gobbling up the food quickly. "Mm this is delicious." He says, "good choice."
I nod, "it's a wonderful birthday dinner."
Thomas wipes the side of his mouth with his napkin. He rubs my arm, "Good. After this I want to take you down to the beach."
I smile, "okay, I'm not going for a swim though."
Thomas laughs, "No, me neither."
I stare at the last calamari, "do you mind if I have it?"
Thomas spears it with his fork, and puts it in my mouth. "Thanks." I give him a kiss on the cheek. We talk until everyone had left. We decide to leave too, Thomas pays the bill and we walk out into the fresh air. The city is still alive, buzzing with people and loud transport. Thomas takes my hand and leads me down to the shoreline. Its quite hear, no one is on the beach. Thomas holds my hand, we stand still. "Y/N." he starts, "You are so amazing. I love you so much. I have loved you from the first time I laid my eyes on you. I love the different way you tie your shoes. I love that you came and visited me, here. I loved our first date on the green bench. I love your quirks. I love your opinions. I love your ways. I love that when you eat sushi, you try eating it with chop sticks, but make a mess of it. I love that your always there. I love that you always listen. I love how you dance around the room, when a good song comes on. I love you Y/N." Small tears of happiness form at my eyes. My heart is blossoming. Blooming out of my chest. Thomas tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "Y/N, I want to be with you forever." He pulls out something, from the inside of his jacket. It's a small box. Thomas kneels down on one knee, and opens the box. I gasp, "Y/N will you marry me?"