Winter

Chapter Seven

A loud knock sounds on my door, I quickly drop my phone and run over to it. Standing at the door is a middle aged man with a scruffy ginger beard and a piercing blue uniform. "Arrhh hi, can I help you?" I ask.
He coughs a little and then holds up a small box, "A package for Miss Sangster." I'm flattered, Miss Sangster?
"Thank you." I take the box from him.
"You must be very careful it's extremely fragile," I nod, "Sign here please." He hands me a pen and a formal document. I sign where it says 'sign here' and hand it back to him. He nods and walks down the path, hopping into a large truck. I'm confused but I pick up the package and walk inside.

I stare at the it, I have a hot chocolate in my hands. My mind finally gives in and I rip the strange package open. Its a cat carrier with a little caged window on the side. Something rattles. "A cat carrier?" I say aloud, peeking inside. I can't see to well but I can tell it's not a cat. I open the little door and I can finally tell what's inside, little tears form in the corners of my eyes. The smallest, cutest grey bunny is inside. I slowly take it out and cradle it against my chest. "Where did you come from?" I ask, not expecting an answer. I spot a little note attached to the carrier. I take it off it reads:
Morning love xx
Here something to keep you company, I know you've always wanted a rabbit xxx Thomas
I kiss it's head. Thomas was the best, and I knew it! I run over to my laptop, the bunny still in my arms. I check Skype, Thomas is online. He starts to ring and I answer it on the first sound. When his face appears I squeal, "Thomas! You got me a bunny!"
He grins, "Do you like it?"
"I love it. Thank you."
He smiles again and then starts to lightly laugh, "I got your video."
"Did you like that?" I ask smirking.
"Yes it was very smart." we share a laugh. "Hey what happened to your phone." I ask.
"Oh yeah, I tried to contact you but it was kinda hard. Anyway, when I was talking to you Wes called me over so I walked over but I tripped and my phone fell in a bloody puddle!"
I laugh, "You better get a new one." I chuckle again and the bunny jumps out of my hands. "Hey." I say as I grab it again. "Do you know what you'll call her?" He asks.
"It's a girl," He nods, "Umm I don't know I'll have to get back to you on that one. Do you have any suggestions?"
"No I'll have to get back to you on that one." We laugh. "I miss you Y/N. I wish I was at home with you right now."
I smile, "I love you Tommy." I blow him a kiss, and he blows one back, "I'm sorry I have to go. I promise I'll chat later." I can hear a voice in the background, "Dylan we need you."
"I'm comin Kaya." Dylan replies, Dylan comes onto my laptop screen grabbing Thomas. "Hurry up Thomas." He says pulling him out of my view. "Bye." I hear in the background I can tell its Thomas. I smile and shut my laptop, stroking the bunny's soft fur, "What am I going to call you?" It gives my thumb the smallest lick, "Sangster the second?" I laugh at my stupid joke.

A few hours later a few buzzes comes from my computer. I lift the lid, there messages from Thomas they say:
A name for the rabbit, Moon? It is grey.
Moon was cute but it didn't stick.
But the next message sounded better.
No. Luna?
I stare at the little bunny now with a name. I type back, Luna is perfect.