Winter

Chapter Twelve

The smallest scream rips up through my throat, Thomas is instantly by my side. He gasps and I collapse onto his lap, tears trickling down my cool cheeks. I lay there for a moment, then scramble off the bed, running my fingers across the grey, dead fur of Luna. I wipe my eyes, "what do you think happened?"
"I don't know. I remember putting her in the bathroom and closing the door. I don't know how she would of got out." I sigh and stare back down at her, taking in all her features. "Why don't you make some tea, and I'll wrap her up and put her in a box. Maybe we can find somewhere to burry her."
I nod and walk into the kitchen. I check my phone, it's 4:02, I have about a million texts from my mum. I decide to answer them later, and start making the tea. The kettle whirls to life as I hear the slight scrunching noise of newspaper.
__

"I'm sorry Y/N again, it was my fault she passed. This trip has been a disaster."
I lightly push Thomas's rib, "please don't, it wasn't your fault, it was a mistake and this hasn't been the worst trip."
Thomas smiles at me and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. Together we lower the small cardboard box into the ground. A big oval was just across from the hotel, we had found a very private tree. We were probably breaking some rules, but no one would know. "She was a beautiful gift." I say and kiss Thomas on the cheek. We wipe some dirt over the top and head back towards the hotel. On the way back to our room we run into Ki, "Y/N! Your back!"
I giggle, "Hi Ki."
"We should celebrate."
"Why?"
"Umm I don't know, I guess I just need some party life."
I laugh making me feel better, and Thomas says, "well it's the last day of filming tomorrow, that something to celebrate. But most importantly it's your birthday." Thomas wraps his arms around me, "twenty four! Arggg!"
Thomas and Ki laugh, as Ki's phone rings. "Oh sorry, we def should do something." He says as he runs off down the hall. Me and Thomas walk into our room, "I'm so sorry I'm working tomorrow."
"Well I was wondering if I could come along?"
Thomas smiles and picks me up, "of course you can."

"Can we get some room room service, I'm starving."
"Mmhm me to. I walk down to the lobby, I feel like going on a tiny walk."
"Ok I'll stay here." Thomas walks out of the door and I slump down on the couch, switching on my phone. Mum has sent another million messages and there's some from Ava as well. I text them back reassuring them, that everything's okay. Well besides from the thing that happened, I sigh and walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I wash my hair and then hop out, changing into my PJ's. Thomas still isn't back, so I set out the table, placing tea light candles around the place, then I crawl over to stereo. The radio is boring so I put on my favourite song, For You by Angus and Julia Stone. The light music plays through the hotel room, causing 'Death of a superhero' scenes to pop into my mind. They fit perfectly with the music. The door opens and Thomas walks in holding two paper bags. "There was Mexican across the road, so I decided to get that instead."
"Mexican sounds yummy."
We place the food on the plates and sit down. "Its your last night of being twenty three."
"Wow, I keep on forgetting, twenty four tomorrow." I do a little excited wiggle in my seat and we both laugh. Dinner is quickly finished, "I'll clean up, you go have a shower."
Thomas gets up and kisses me on the head, "You are so beautiful." He says, walking into the bathroom. I clear the plates, rinse them and put them in the shiny dishwasher. When I'm done I give the place a little tidy, then fall onto the bed, it had been such a long day. A few minutes later Thomas wraps his arms around me, I turn around and give him a kiss, "I love you Thomas."
"I love you to. I'm glad your back."
I nestle into his bare chest and fall asleep.

Please read 👇
I know that was kind of a boring chapter but don't stop reading. Please Please comment if you are enjoying. Bye 😉
Missmazerunner