eighteen

today's theme: exploration

Felix was the first to break the silence.

"It's been a while since we brought this bad boy out." He reached into the box, unaware of the gravity of these items, and started pulling everything out.

Changbin carefully picked up one of the glass trophies in the mix, twirling it around in awe. "I remember this one. It was from Austria, right? Seventh grade Minho, I think. That was by far my favourite tournament."

Chan pried a trophy out of Hyunjin's dangerously carefree hands. "No, that was the year they gave out plaques. This is definitely Sunvite from sixth."

Seungmin and Jeongin were digging through the mounds of papers in the corner, taking pictures of each page and frantically whispering to each other.

"Ooh, wait wait, I found it!" Jeongin pulled out a slightly faded yellow notepad from the bottom of the pile. Some of the pages were torn out, but it was unclear to say whether or not that was from a deliberate action or not.

He waved it around in the air excitedly. "It's the notes from Vienna!"

"No way." Changbin placed the glass trophy down on the table and went over to the other end of the box, where the two of them were ogling at the notepad. "Is this for real?

Hyunjin, much to Chan's dismay, picked up another trophy and began throwing it up in the air. "I think Jisung told me about that one. It was one of Minho's peak tournaments, right? Apparently he went completely ballistic over the other competitors and their competitors forfeited the final round because they were too scared."

Chan nodded. "It was in May three years ago, I think. Two weeks before Champion's Rendezvous, so everyone was already on the edge of their seats in excitement."

Hyunjin snorted. "No wonder Jisung never shuts up about this one."

Jisung was stuck. He desperately wanted to flip through the certificates and hold one of the trophies in his hand. He wanted to read through all the notes that Minho had jotted down and used to destroy his opponents over the years, see the way his mind worked outside of the physical recordings of it.

But at the same time, he wasn't just going to ignore that same person beside him who had turned into a literal statue.

"Minho?" he gently touched his arm, making him come back to life.

"Huh?" Minho's looked around, startled, almost as if he had just woken up. His eyes landed on the box again, and Jisung felt himself tense up once more.

Wordlessly, he walked into his bedroom, moving so silently that nobody except Jisung paid any attention.

He came out a moment later, holding a leather jacket and having changed his pants. "Felix, I, uh, I forgot that I had something to go to. For my job."