seventy-nine

today's theme: catalyst

"Move over!"

"Stop pushing me, they're gonna notice!"

"But I can't see!"

"That's on you and your fat fucking ass!"

Jisung gasped. "You did not just say that to my face."

"No, I said it to the yoga ball attached to your back." Marcus peered over the stack of boxes they were squatting behind. "Lay off the ice cream."

"I'll have you know, Marcus Aidan Hermaine, that your body shaming is nothing but a tiny scratch on my beautiful confiden—"

Marcus slapped a hand over Jisung's mouth, knocking him back on his feet slightly. "Shut up. Brandon's saying something."

The younger boy's eyes widened, shutting him up instantly. Both of them pressed their backs against the boxes, doing their best to peek around it without making too much noise or getting caught. 

Jisung wondered if calling Chan right now was the best choice—stalking Bella and Brandon had been a three-person thing, as last time had taught them. Plus, Chan probably would bury him half alive if he were to keep this from him.

Still, there was a dangerous line that led to an unforeseeable outcome, and it was probably best that Chan didn't walk it for now. So he kept quiet.

"Have they just been standing there the entire time?" Marcus whispered. "This is awfully awkward."

"Forget that, what do you think they're doing back here? Do you really think it's a confessio—wait, wait, Brandon's moving!"

They watched as the Concordia coach moved slightly closer to Bella, reaching up and untying his scarf before moving it towards her.

Bella jumped, taking a step back as her face flushed bright red. "I—I'm good. Thanks."

"It's just a scarf, Bella. Don't think too much of it."

"Still, it—I'm—" she gulped nervously. "I'm not cold. Really. I don't...I'm good."

"Okay, then."

Silence fell on them.

Jisung looked at his friend with concern. "It's definitely..." He jutted his head in their direction, indicating a heart with his hands.

"Fingers crossed," Marcus mouthed back.

A few minutes passed before either of the adults spoke up again.

Brandon cleared his throat. "So." 

"So..."

"You called me out here today." He let out a small laugh. "It's kind of...unorthodox, if you will, but I'll take it. Given that...you're here for that reason."