thirty-eight

today's theme: indications

Minho poked his spoon into the matcha parfait in front of him. It went in perfectly, so satisfyingly smooth.

The last match of the day had ended about three hours ago. Bidding a quick good-bye to the team and notifying Bella of his absence, he had spent the evening in the city with Vernon, ending up in this quaint bakery off of the main tourist street. They were on the second floor, a perfect window seat that had a glorious view of the Tokyo tower.

He was a little regretful of cancelling on Jisung so abruptly. He had been looking forward to it as well, but he also couldn't just turn his old friend down like that. Plus, there were more opportunities to come with the younger boy, and he would always enjoy all of those when they came.

Not that Jisung really showed an indication of liveliness, though. He had texted him multiple times these past few hours, sending something cute he had found or a picture he had taken, but they had all gone unread and unnoticed.

Minho still had no idea what was going on with him, but he was sure it was nothing he couldn't fix.

Later, of course.

"So then Felix decided out of nowhere that he wanted to transfer with me. It was confusing as fuck, because he's literally so popular at...at our...our old school. But he said he wanted to spend at least one year of high school together with me, so he did."

"Felix is so adorable," Vernon gushed, cutting open a lemon tart. "I'd kill to have a brother like him."

"When I tell you the rest of this damn story, you are going to change your mind."

"I doubt that." Jumin's voice came through Minho's phone, where he was on video call.

"You're severely taking him for granted; trade him for Ji-ae for a single day, and you will come crawling back crying," he said, referring to his younger sister. "But continue."

Minho sighed. "I kind of got tired of living abroad, so I tried to find a school a bit more local. The City's like two hours outside of our town, and they had really good schools with scholarship programs. It came down to Concordia, Wellington, and the Academy. Concordia's a natural bitch, and Wellington...that's an obvious reason."

"So you chose the Academy?" Jumin scoffed. "You avoided the school with the big debate tournament so you went for the school with the best debate team in the City?"

"I had no idea they were the best!" Minho shot back, cheeks warming. "They only started gaining recognition in like, the last two years, and I was so far out of debate by then."

Vernon looked confused. "How did you manage to avert yourself from people, anyway? Jumin and I were sure that you'd get recognized somewhere, no matter where you went, but nothing ever turned up."