fifty-five

today's theme: assembly

Jisung tugged on his tie, checking himself in the rearview mirror. "Do you really think it'll work out?"

"You're stressing out too much." Chan turned left onto the main intersection. "Haven't you been planning this since before Christmas?"

"Yeah, but I'm worried that Hyunjin wasn't able to carry it out."

Jeongin's head peeped out from the backseat. "You're talking about the son of the sixteenth-most richest family in the City. I doubt there's anything he couldn't do."

Chan screeched, nearly crashing the car. "Jeongin! Seatbelt!"

He slumped back into his spot. "It'll ruin my outfit."

Jisung turned around to look at him. "I'm wearing my seatbelt, and my clothes are fine."

"You're ugly. It doesn't matter what you do."

He turned to Chan. "Crash the car now. We're both wearing seatbelts, we'll be fine."

Jeongin kicked the back of his seat. "You're a little bitch."

"Suck my dick."

"If I wanted something that small, I'd eat a baby carrot."

Chan hit the brakes suddenly, sending them both lurching forward. The roads were thankfully mostly empty today; they definitely would've been caught in a sad accident otherwise.

"Jeongin, seatbelt." He was gripping his hands on the steering wheel tightly, jaw and eyes locked. "If you both don't stop bickering right now, I will switch the registrations for Toronto and make both of you partners, and good luck to Seungmin and Minho for that."

Both of them had never shut up so fast in their lives.

He gave them all an intimidating glare, pushing the gas pedal again. "Good. Thank you."

It was New Year's Eve, a whopping eight hours until the big finale into January 1st. For the general residents in the City and all interested tourists, it generally led to a total of two options: to stay at home and mull about in your personal introverted plans, or to head out to Western's New Year countdown festival.

Most people picked the latter. Chan and Jeongin had to maneuver through hordes and waves of people on their way to pick up Jisung—it got crowded to the point where the younger boy had to meet them at one of the intersections because it would take too much time getting into the neighbourhoods. 

When one thought about it, the City planned out their holiday festivities quite nicely in terms of geography; Modenna had the best overall winter attractions, Ninth took over for Christmas, and they gave Western the job of using all their fancy and cool technology on New Year.