(special pt. 3) pls don't skip

(pls pls pls read hehe cuz i kinda like this whole ongoing special chapter thing and this one's kinda important)

(but if you don't want to, at least scroll down to the part marked !!!!!)

Ivy hummed, clicking on a photo. "What about this one?"

"Lemme see." Bella leaned over from her sleeping bag, nestling her head into the crook of the author's shoulder. "Ooh, I like that. Bookmark it."

"Bookmark? Shouldn't I just decide on it?"

"Hell no. That's the first dress you saw, girlfriend." Maia came over, stirring a pink smoothie in a decorated mason jar. Sitting down on the other side of Ivy, she reached for one of the cookies sitting at their feet.

"But it's pretty..."

"And you have sixteen more pages to look through," Bella chided her. "Plus, you're only browsing for styles. We haven't made a trip to the shop yet."

"I don't have time for this," Ivy grumbled, slumping back onto the giant onstage pillow and squeezing the strawberry plushie close to her chest. "I have to finish stupid chapter seventy-three."

"You can kill off Florence another day," Maia yawned. "Your prom dress? Get to it."

"Wait, lemme pull up the website." Feifan sat up on her sleeping bag. Wrapping a fern-patterned blanket around herself and grabbing her phone, she scooted over to the trio. "What were your filters?"

"Uh...no mermaid tails, cocktails, just anything tight or form-fitting. I can't handle any protruding food babies." Ivy laughed nervously. "I think ballgowns are really pretty. I don't really like v-shaped or halter necklines, either."

"Necklines?" Bella hummed. Taking the collar of Ivy's giant black pajama shirt, she yanked it open and peered inside. "Ooh. Strapless might be a bit hard for you, too."

She flushed pink, jerking back. "You can't just look down my shirt like that!"

Maia gasped. "Wait, wait, I wanna see to—shiiit, Ivy, you're fucking lucky."

"Maia!"

"What? Curves are hard to come by. I'm flatter than Florence's heartbeat. Jumin says that it's like sucking on a beached whale."

"I did not need to know that."

"Wait." Feifan looked up. "I thought you and Jumin were only scripted to be childhood romances. And you were looking for a romance interest."

Maia winked. "Key word is scripted. Things are different behind the camera."

It was nearly one in the morning. The lower floors of the building had completely cleared out, most of the clerks and office workers in the entertainment company having checked off for the day—a clear and stark contrast to the livelihood of the current recording studio.

The stage had been cleared of its usual speaker desk and caramel-coloured decor, replaced by a barrage of blankets, pillows, and inflatable mattresses. Stuffed animals lined the aisles, candles sat atop mini nightstands and a squat coffee table was laid out in front, while cutout glowing stars hung from the ceiling. The lighting had been dimmed into a bluish hue to match the nightly atmosphere, and it cast a shade over the girls in the centre.

"We're back!"

Brandon popped his head out from backstage, followed by the rest of the boys carrying an assortment of takeout bags. "We got the food you all asked for."

Jisung waddled over to them, barely tripping over sweatpants that were too large for him. "Is this for prom? I saw you looking at dresses earlier—ew, you'd look so ugly in that."