(special)

i'm stupid cringe

The producer peeked at his notes, sipping his coffee. "So then the next scene is that...and then lunch break we have the investors meeting. Cool. She requested we switch the dialogue a little bit, though."

"Right, because the plot matches up better," his secretary explained.

"Mm." He nodded. "Okay then. We'll leave that for later. We should get this one done first."

He turned back to the stage. "Ivy, you good?"

She nodded, showing a thumbs-up at the staff. The man next to her also gave a sign of approval. "Let's roll!"

"Alright!" The crew turned quiet in an instant. "Broadcast take one, aaaand act—"

A large screech stopped them all, causing them to cover their ears and wince. 

"Oops." Ivy looked up sheepishly, from where she was trying to adjust her microphone. "Sorry. I don't think my thing is working."

The man reached over, flipping a switch on the handle. "You need to turn it off when you're not speaking."

"Ohhh. Thanks James."

"You mean Mister Aurelia."

She crossed her arms. "I literally created you. Shut the hell up before I kill you off, stupid boomer."

"I'm a rumoured antagonist. Why am I even on here?"

"I need the GDB on here, and you're literally the face of the GDB. Common sense, thank you. Would you rather I invite Okazawa and let his ramble about six ways to make scallops again like last time?"

"Fair point."

"Okay, okay, okay." The director called from the front, having returned from a quick bathroom break. He kicked the producer out of his chair, settling back in. "Let's do that again. Take two, right? Cool."

He clapped his hands. "Lights, camera..."

"And action."

Ivy immediately sat up. "Good morning, afternoon, and evening to toffees and viewers alike, wherever you may be! This is Caramelly, the author of the fanfiction Rule Number Five. Before we begin, on behalf of everyone here today, I'd like to first apologize for breaking the fourth wall."

James coughed. "And for making me a villa—"

She kicked him under the table. "But what a special day it is today, and especially for the context of Rule Number Five. James, you want to tell us what's happening?"

"Yes, of course." He straightened his posture. "It's a pleasure to be here today. My name is James Aurelia, the Chairman of the Global Debate Board, newly inst—"

"Everyone knows who you are, James. We all hate you. Get to the point."

"Oh, I suppose so." He cleared his throat. 

"Today is March 5th, which is National Speech and Debate Education Day in the United States of America."

"Yes it is!" Ivy cheered, bringing out a box of confetti she had stored underneath the table and throwing it into the air. "Happy National Speech and Debate Education Day!"

James smiled politely. "In the world of Rule Number Five, we are currently approaching Christmas, which is known to be Caramelly's favourite holiday."

Ivy bounced in her seat in agreement.

"But as far as reality strives to be, National Speech and Debate Education Day is equally as important to the people here behind the book. After all, we are very dedicated to this craft, and celebrating our achievements on this day is a wondrous opportunity."