twenty-one

today's theme: metamorphosis 

"I cannot believe you guys are forcing me to do this." Jisung complained loudly as Minho dragged him along the shops of the mall.

Hyunjin skipped along. "We're literally doing you a favour. I cannot believe the audacity of your ungratefulness right now. I also cleared it with your mother, before you use that pathetic excuse for the tenth time ever."

"I—What did you tell her?"

"That you were picking your life up out of the trash for once. Kidding. I told her we were going to buy you some better formal clothes and a new suit. Or two. Or five."

"Five!?"

"You can't just use one suit for everything. People who show up to the tournament and the parties in the same suit deserve no respect."

Minho laughed as they passed by Anne Taylor. "I wouldn't go that far, but having more than one is quite necessary. You have to match the occasion to the outfit, bud. Take the extra step. You have the money, anyway."

Jisung sighed. There was no crawling out of this one; he had avoided it for too long. "Okay, I get you taking me here because you drove and everything, but why did Hyunjin have to come along? And why the mall in Ninth, anyway? Mac's mall is like so close to the Academy." 

"I am here because I have the best clothes and Minho recognizes that, excuse you."

"Actually, I invited you because it would've been awkward if I asked Jisung to go alone in front of both of you. Jeongin dropped out, though."

Hyunjin stopped. "Wait, so I'm just a third wheel?"

"Also," Minho continued, brushing over Hyunjin's comment. They rounded the corner at Sephora, narrowly colliding into a line for the Apple Store. "I looked up the malls in the City. Ninth by far has the nicest one, judging off of its store directory alone. Staying true to the art of fashion, I guess. Plus, I have other reasons."

"They're just malls, Minho. Clothes are clothes no matter where you g—Bella?!"

They found her standing next to Nike, leaning against the wall and waiting for them. "Hello, my ugly ducklings," she greeted them, walking over. "Minho told me you guys were going to get Jisung new clothes today."

"You talk to Minho?"

She smiled. "Of course. We trade recipes. One of his own creations is actually coming to the café next month, as soon as we figure out the market prices."

Hyunjin frowned. "Wait, you always rejected my ideas."

"I am not selling your bath water."

They began moving again, making their way to the elevators and heading for the top floor.

Minho smiled gratefully. "Thank you for giving me royalties for it, by the way."