seventy-five

today's theme: breakage

Jisung kept his ear pressed against the door.

"...truth...Feifan wouldn't...good..."

He had come back a few minutes ago to the sound of murmuring echoing out of his hotel room.

"...regret...come clean..."

It wasn't purposeful eavesdropping, by any means. In fact, it was relatively difficult to hear the entire conversation—only bits and snippets of it.

Rather, it was hesitance on his own end.

He didn't know how to face Minho. What to say to him. How he'd react to the thought of Jisung knowing everything, uncovering his history. And ultimately, if he'd ever respond to the questions running through his mind right now.

A loud clattering came from inside, followed by a deep voice. "Jisung deserves to know!"

The younger boy gasped.

That was a mistake. He accidentally shuffled against the wood of the door, making a scratching sound that traveled into the room and revealed his presence. The voices inside instantly hushed.

He gulped.

Fuck. There was no backing out now.

Tentatively, he reached for the door handle. Swiping his keycard lightly against the sensor, he watched as it blinked green and automatically unlocked. The clicking sound of the bolts on the door almost felt like ticking time bombs, an ominous countdown that ensued as he opened the door and stepped into his suite, walking right into the living area.

Three pairs of eyes stared right back at him.

Minho was sitting on the couch—in the same place where they had kissed just hours ago. The lights were still dim, where nobody had bothered to change them. They kept the air heavy, a thick burden.

But even with the minimal lighting, it wasn't hard to make out his partner's frozen, tear-stained face.

Jisung's heart twisted into a million knots. Minho had always joked about being an easy crier, but he had never seen it up close—and it was gut wrenching.

They stood in complete silence, suffering under the thick tension.

Jumin was the first to speak. He cleared his throat, standing up straight and removing himself from the back wall. "V."

Vernon nodded, immediately taking the hint and getting off the couch. "We should get going. I have a few novices to help."

"Likewise. I promised Maia I wouldn't take too long."

The two of them quietly exited out of the seating area, barely acknowledging their friend and nodding curtly at Jisung. He didn't bother to say anything to them as they passed by on their way out, but Jumin paused ever-so tentatively at his shoulder.