10. Take Advantage

I looked at my reflection in the mirror from head to toe. There is no class and work today so I decided to go to the grocery. Well my classmates are probably preparing for graduation party because it is gonna happen later. I smiled and took a peek from the window to see the field of roses. It is very visible from my bedroom window and I stare at it every night before I go to sleep.

I never thought I would look good wearing a shirt and a pleated skirt that looks almost like my uniform if only it was black and not pastel pink. I wore my favorite converse and a baguette bag where my phone and money are located.

I left my house and just walked my way to the grocery store. I felt my phone slightly vibrate..that must be a text message from someone? Yeah, maybe from my Manager Braun or Historia. I took it out from my bag and looked at it. Ah, Eren Jaeger.

From: Jaeger Issues

'Oi, where are you rn?'

I smirked at how brave he looks like when it comes to texting.

To: Jaeger Issues

'Gotta go to the grocery. Running out of stocks :('

I was about to put it back on my bag but it vibrated again. He is a fast replyer huh? I am impressed.

From: Jaeger Issues

'Rlly? Where?'

To: Jaeger Issues

'Mmm, no♡'

From: Jaeger Issues

'Whyyyyy?'

To: Jaeger Issues

'Gotta go. Bye!'

It vibrated lots of times but I ignored it. He is so much like a puppy. He wants to go with me everywhere and anywhere I go. What if I want to go to the worst place in Earth? Is he still coming with me? Such a kid.

When I reached the store, I shopped for mostly my needs and not my wants. I put some canned goods, fresh meat, vegetables, cereals, detergents, shampoo, soaps, everything I will need for the month. I was walking through the aisle for school supplies are located when a familiar figure.

"Mikasa?" He acted shock but I guess he expected me here after all. I rolled my eyes at him and smirked.

"Bad acting, Jaeger. How did you know I am here? Are you a stalker? Are you following me around?" I asked multiple questions not letting him digest even one.

"Chill, no. You said you were going to the grocery so I went to the nearest store in your house and I am correct you are here!" He explained. "Wow, glad I didn't stutter. Woo! I am kind of nervous and I was kind of intimidated."

"Tss. Okay, do you want to help me?" I asked. Well, those real good muscular biceps should be put to good use just like..carrying what I am holding! Yeah, it's a great idea. And to no one's surprise, he nodded. So I gave him the basket full of my stocks for this month.

"Oh wow this..is..kind of..heavy." He slightlt struggled. But it's just slightly so I guess he is fine with it. He followed me while I continue to roam around the store until all my needs are complete.

"That would be a total of five hundred and three." The cashier said. I earned a decent amount of money for myself, so I still have money left. The other cashier packed it up in separate paper bags according to kind. I am glad I brought an eco bag which is folded inside my baguette.

And that eco bag was held my none other than, Eren Jaeger. Very heroic and strong. And is full of himself. Of course that is Eren. That dummy.

"Well, where are we going next?" I felt guilt as I saw him struggle a little. I bought a lot of things. Like, lots of them. It was like the sight of him struggling while carrying my groceries, would make me feel anxious, and guilty in just a matter of seconds. So I took the eco bad from his hands and carried it instead.

"O-Oi! Mikasa! I will carry that!" He shouted and tried to stop me.

"I am a woman, Jaeger. I can do it already. And you look like you are struggling a bit." I answered and smirked.

"Holy Ackerman." He sighed and just followed me. Well he knows very well that nothing nor no one can stop me, and all he can do is sigh and walk beside me.

"Let's go to my home first. I will treat you for a drink." I said and smiled. He also smiled when he heard me. Well, we are already in our legal age so I guess we can drink freely already.

______

We bought typical drinks drank by typical teenagers who just wants to be drunk and wasted. Well, the worker said this can get us real drunk so I bought it.

Here we are right now near the river where we usually take a stroll, looking at the nice night view that gives off a calming vibe. I would never forget this place. I noticed he opened another can so I drank mine quickly and when it was empty, I took another one.

"I am afraid when we get drunk we jump in the river." He laughed, his cheeks slowly turning red. His ears are glowing red also. Well, he is not lying but I think he is slowly losing himself to the alcohol already. I mean, he lost himself already..

"Yeah. Well, this drink is nice. And I don't even know what this is but I bought it because the worker said it will get us drunk. And he is right. Wow." I smirked and looked at the sky. I thought he was looking at it too, but I was wrong. And I never knew until I heard sniffs and quiet sobs. I looked at him and patted his shoulder.

Is he crying because we only have two cans left when we bought sixteen? Or...

"Hey..are you okay? Is everything alright?" He looked up as his tears fall down. Well right now, I have seen another weak side of him. I never thought he will cry right now. Did he lose it because of the alcohol? Is it my fault?

He continued crying so I sat near him, closing the distance between us. I opened the two leftover cans and gave one to him. I wanted to comfort him..so bad. Because he needs it right now. But all I experienced in my life is to be comforted. I thought about myself..not knowing that there are people who have experienced something worse than mine. And I think I have seen one who might have felt more pain than me..Eren...

"Let it all out. I-If you are embarrassed. D-Don't worry, I-I will not remember this tomorrow. I..I am drunk. Don't worry." I said and leaned my head on his arm then wrapped an arm around him.

He looked at me, tears shining with diamond tears. I closed my eyes and felt him go nearer and nearer. But his lips never touched mine

"We are drunk. If I kiss you right now, that would mean I am taking advantage of you. I don't want to do that. We are bestfriends." He said and drank again.

My heart fluttered with what he said..he doesn't want to take advantage of my state. I blushed and smiled, watching him drink.

____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading and for 800+ reads! Highly appreciated! Thank you all so much. To my readers ever since "Maybe We Could", we are making progress! Let us all be proud of ourselves and for what we have become and also for what we will become.

Love,
Y.M Jaeger♡