23. Not Really For Me

Historia and Annie went to the mall together to buy Historia's dress and shoes. They asked me to come but I declined because I have to contact someone I know. She is good at decorating masquerade masks.

"Hitch!" I greeted her. She took me in for a hug and I hugged her back. It has been so long since we last saw each other. She now owns a fashion boutique where dresses, gowns, jewelries, and masks are sold. I always knew she would pick this path. It suited her so well.

"Mikasa, I never thought you'll come here and ask me for the best masquerade mask. What are you gonna attend to?" She asked and guided me in a room full of limited edition masks.

"An engagement party. I am also wearing something black. I need something that would suit my dress and my heels too." I answered and looked around. Her designs are gorgeous. I knew I contacted the right person for this kind of matter.

"Hmm, this is the best for you." She showed me a gold mask. It was like a mask made of living snakes. "Black is actually a universal color and it would suit any color you would want to pair it with. But you look so elegant I think gold will suit you the best." She continued and handed me a mask. She made me wear gloves so there won't be any stain.

"I will buy this." I said.

"Great choice, Mikasa."

______

I ended up fitting the dress I will wear. I mean, the whole outfit itself. I also wore the mask and looked at myself in the mirror. I am glad I chose to buy the mask Hitch showed me. It suited me so well. My hair is in a pixie cut so it doesn't require much effort. I removed the mask and stared at my bare face.

"Why do I feel ugly and then feel so gorgeous in a span of three seconds? Am I so weird already? Am I that crazy?" I asked myself and continued posing in front of the mirror. I changed to my sleepwear. A silk thin-strapped dress that is meant for sleeping, of course. I took my phone out and took a mirror selfie.

"Should I post it in my instagram or should I just keep it?" I stared at the picture once again and decided to just post it on twitter. Yeah, my twitter is private and only Historia and Annie can see my posts. I suddenly got five notifications. I checked and saw that it was Annie and Historia creating a huge fuss at the comment sections.

leon.hart
Wowwwww! See you on the day after tomorrow!

hisulenz
I don't want to go to your engagement party but I pity you and Armin's a cutie too.

leon.hart
hey! don't you dare!

hisulenz
chill, im not into guys.

hisulenz
after spending thousands? no way. i have to attend my wallet is crying so hard rn

I laughed. They were using the comment section to fight and chat. These two can be immature and mature at the same time. I suddenly wondered why I became friends with them again. I want to act like I don't know them most of the time.

mika.ackerman
should've posted this on ig instead

leon.hart
So he would see how you glew up after ten years...don't deny it, we understand you.

mika.ackerman
hey he doesn't even know I have an ig acc

hisulenz
pain.