25. Treasured Photos

It is already 12:35PM yet, I am still in my bed covered by my comforter, curled up like a ball. Yesterday night is fun but embarrassing. That scene played in my head over and over and over and over again. I am so dumb that I didn't look up first so I could've declined. But of course, my drunk self is the worst. I don't want to take a peek at my phone but it vibrated. I checked it and saw that it was Historia.

From : Historia

'Hey. You okay? I visited your cafè you weren't there. How are you?'

My heart softened. I should reply to her, right? I sighed and started typing my response.

To : Historia

'Of course. Today is just my lazy day. I am too lazy to get up from bed.'

I waited for her response but she never replied. I placed my phone on my nighstand and went back to being curled up. Why am I suddenly acting like this? I mean, why does it affect me so much? Is it because I am so guilty about how harsh I am to him? Even I, don't know the answer to that. But I shouldn't be this affected. He is just my ex-boyfriend, so what's up with that? We only have to coordinate for the party and so what? It would not be difficult since we are just doing it for our bestfriends.

I sat up and took the picture frame on my nighstand. It was my picture with Sasha. There are two picture frames on my other nighstand, the other was my picture with Annie and Historia. And the other nighstand only has a small indoor plant on it.

I looked at the picture dearly. This picture was taken more than eleven years ago. I bet Sasha would be able to get along with Historia and Annie. She is such a social butterfly. She is the Nation's Bestfriend. She is everyone's bestfriend. I put the picture back in place.

"I shouldn't be lazy today." I told myself and went to the bathroom to take a bath already. I closed my eyes to feel the warmth of the water but instead, I saw that again. Terrible visions of my parents' murder. I shouldn't. That made me open my eyes. I can't stand seeing my dead parents lying on the cold floor, with blood all over them. I feel my hand shaking so I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Shh, it's okay. It's okay. You are okay.

Once I was done bathing, I covered my body with a robe and went back to my bedroom to pick my outfit today. I am going to the cafè today to work and to also relax there. I picked a red constance dress that reaches up to my mid-thigh, and paired with my white sneakers that I just bought two weeks ago. I took off all the working electricity, I also brought my laptop with me and put it inside my Kate Spade laptop bag, and left my unit.

I hopped inside my car and put my laptop bag on the passenger's seat.

I started driving. Everything was fine. The trip is nice bit of course, it wouldn't be complete without traffic. It is not moving at all that I got bored so bad. I sighed and opened the bluetooth of my car before comnecting ny phone. I don't have the time to choose because I just want to hear something so I put it on shuffle and put it on the phone handle of my car.

Then, Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur started playing. So this was in my playlist? I didn't know. When it was just reaching the second line, I played another song. Not that song. Not that one.

I started singing along and slightly tapping my steering wheel. And when the other cars started moving, I let out a relieved sigh. The next thing I know is I am having fun singing while driving to the cafè.

______

"Good Afternoon, Ma'am." They all greeted me and I greeted them back with a bow and smile. I sat on my usual spot and took out my laptop. I turned it on and connected to the wifi. There are so many folders here. I think I should delete some. But all folders here are so important to me. I opened the folder titled E.J and a swarm of Eren's photos welcomed me. I clicked one to get a full view of it. I kept this all? Even after ten years? Well, I still have my old phone. Maybe I transfered it here before and I just can't remember.