38. A Night To Remember

A lot has happened in five months. Annie and Armin's wedding is near, Ymir and Historia is planning to adopt a child, 'The Nightingale' will have a branch at Trost, and Eren won the case. And here we are, at The Nightingale's night bar to celebrate our individual achievements. We are drinking whatever Hange-san prepared for us and we didn't complain. Hange-san has a great taste in alcohol. She is also good at experimenting with drinks.

"What gender are you gonna adopt?" Annie asked excitedly. All of us are excited with their first child.

"Whatever the gender. We talked to someone who thought of abortion but we said that instead of aborting the baby, we will just adopt the child at birth. The child will be able to see the world." Historia answered. My heart softened at her answer. There are a lot of babies who never got the chance to open their eyes to the cruelty and beauty of the world, so their plan is a really great one.

"I kind of hope it's a boy. But I also hope it's a girl. It just feels different when you know you'll become a parent soon." Ymir said and hugged Historia. They look genuinely happy, to be honest. Their eyes radiate a different energy of joy.

Being a parent is indeed a blessing and something to celebrate and remember. But it's okay if a woman doesn't want to bear a child. It's okay if a man doesn't want to have a child. We have different perspective towards things, we also have different desires. So we shouldn't judge people who doesn't have the desire to become a parent.

"What are your name ideas?" I asked. Historia giggled and held my hand.

"I knew you'll ask that. I actually have a lot in mind. We'll also ask for the mother's idea and then we also have ideas of our own." She said and released my hand from her hold. She took a paper from her bag. "So here are the girl names. Amethyst, Solar, Harrithè, Maevery, Yver, and Mauve. And boy names are, Throy, Olivier, and Cryven. Suggest boy names I can't think of more." Historia complained and took out a pen.

"Rum." Eren joked.

"I won't name my son after an alcoholic beverage, Attorney." Ymir rolled her eyes. "Maybe Mikasa would allow you to name your child after that but not me." She comtinued and smirked. I sighed and thought of a proper boy name.

"Khaelle. Beaumont. Gray." I unconsciously said. I just suggested three names to Historia. She happily wrote it down and thanked me for the suggestions. I drank and flinched a but due to the slight bitterness.

"Uhm, let's talk about Annie and Armin's upcoming wedding? Mikasa has probably seen Annie's gown." Ymir said and I nodded. I have seen her two gowns. Well, her designs changed four months ago, and gladly, Hitch also suggested the same design to her.

"It's gorgeous." I commented.

"Queen things." She smirked. Annie is really good at designing, and with Hitch's skills, her gown is just 0.0000001 millimeter to perfection. I mean it's perfect for her and for the place.

"The wedding is simple but elegant. I chose to keep it that way. Since it's a beach wedding, I kept it really simple." She said and drank wine. I took another shot of tequila and then another and another and another. I don't know why but the tequila now, is better than any tequila I've drank.

"Easy, right there, Mika. You don't have a toilet in front of you to puke on. Chill." Eren said and caressed my back. "You know what? Instead of just drinking, we should play a game." Eren suggested and we all agreed.

"Put a finger down. No matter what the person says, if you've done it, put a damn finger down. Don't be liars and be true to yourselves." Armin said. We all raised our hands into the air like we are surrendering.

"Okay, me first. Put a finger down if you've broken up with someone but you ended up liking that person again." Ymir said and I frowned. I put a finger down and we all laughed. Eren put his finger down too.