SC. Better

This is in Eren Jaeger's point of view. This is also the last special chapter. If you are also into AruAni, make sure to check out "Flashes and Palettes" on my account.

Life isn't easy, I know that very well. But my wife Mikasa Ackerman, now Mikasa Ackerman-Jaeger and the little girl in her womb make everything better. They make life worth living. They make everything worth trying. When I lose, they always manage to make me feel like I won. They have that kind of effect on me.

"Hey there, little Eloise Fleur. How are you baby? Are you excited to meet your Mommy and Daddy? Hmm? I am so excited to meet you." I spoke softly because Mikasa is sleeping. I have to be quiet or she'll fucking attack the shit out of me.

I placed my ears and hands on Mikasa's belly and anticipated my Eli's next movement. However, after three minutes of waiting, the baby didn't move. I can't hear nor feel anything! Is this a bad sign? Oh my fucking god! Lord, save my child. I panicked and woke Mikasa up. We have to go to the hospital.

"Mikasa, wake up. Let's go to the hospital!" I said. She slowly opened her eyes and checked the clock.

"Eren, it's 3AM in the morning. I am so tired so please let me sleep." She complained. "And hospital? Why?" She asked.

"The baby is not moving, Mika. We have to get it checked. Eli is not moving." I said, about to cry. I pouted and sniffed. She took a deep breath and rolled her eyes. Why? Is there something wrong with what I said?

"Eloise is sleeping like a normal baby! Shut up and sleep. You are disturbing us two!" Mikasa shouted and turned her back on me. I kept on thinking..oh so Eloise is sleeping? Babies in the womb sleep like normal people? That's amazing!

"I am sorry, Love. I was just scared." I said and hugged her and Eli tight. "Good morning and goodnight. I love you so much." I kissed her forehead and went back to sleeping. She is probably gonna ignore tomorrow again. I shouldn't have done that.

______

"Eloise. Hello, I am Daddy. Oh my god you are so cute!" I said while carrying her on my arms for the first time. "You are so pretty like your Mommy. My baby, you are so gorgeous. I love you so m-much." My shoulders started shaking from excessive crying. Armin was the one in charge of wiping my tears while Annie is holding their first born, Alastair.

"Ali finally has a playmate. Or maybe Eloise can be his girlfriend someday." Annie smiled and showed Eli to Ali.

"No. Eli is my baby forever. She is not allowed to have a boyfriend ever." I said and continued rocking Eli to sleep. "Annie, am I doing this right? Am I rocking her to sleep properly?" I asked and she nodded.

"What's the commotion?" My eyes turned to Mikasa the moment she spoke. She's awake! She is finally awake. She'll finally be able to see our baby. I went to the side of her hospital bed and showed her Eloise. "My Eloise. Nice to meet you, munchkin." She smiled tiredly.

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked and she nodded. "Annie, assist me." I ordered. Annie left Alastair with Armin and helped me position Eli properly on Mikasa's chest. When Eli is finally resting on Mikasa, I can't help but tear up. The two girls I love the most. I will never ask for anything again.

"You didn't bring Perry with you?" Mikasa asked.

"Yeah, we didn't. She is with her grandparents. They borrowed her." Annie answered. Alastair is very much a Mama's boy. He keeps on reaching out to his Mommy even though his Daddy is holding him.

"Where are Ymir and Historia?" Mikasa asked again.

"Olivier and Khaelle are sick. Those two won't be able to leave the twins alone." I answered. My eyes widened when I noticed that Eloise has woken up. "Eli is awake. Look." I said and watched her while smiling. They all went to see Eli wake up.

"She got your eyes, Jaeger." Annie said and smirked.

"She is really pretty. I think Ali and her will be perfect for each other." Armin joked so I pinched his ear until it turned red. "Fuck it Jaeger. It hurts!" He shouted so I let of his ear.

"Shut up." Mikasa said.

After an hour, the Arlert family left. It's only the three of us in this room. I sat on the hospital bed and watched them both. Mikasa can't, and doesn't want to let go of Eloise.

"All at once, this is enough." I smiled when I noticed Eloise stretch a bit. I took her carefully from her Mommy's arms and carried her. She slept peacefully on my arms. She looks like an angel. My angel. My darling angel.

I am already contented to have you, Eli...

______

I said that I am contented to have Eli and Mikasa in my life only. I never thought that God will give me another reason to feel more contented. A little boy named Mavrick Azrael. Born two years after Eloise Fleur. They grew up so fast. Eloise is now four and Mavrick is already two.

"Eli, Mavi, don't be stubborn. Okay?" Mikasa asked and they both nodded. We are on our way to the cabin where I gave the ring to Mikasa. The kids are asleep while we are on our way to our destination. It feels great to back at Shiganshina with our children.

After quite some time, we arrived at the destination. Mikasa carried the kids into the cabin while I took all the things we brought. The kids are still asleep so Mikasa laid them on separate beds on the second room. We removed our shoes and dressed into comfortable clothing before we sat on the floor, in front of the fireplace.

"I missed this cabin." She said and smiled. I held her chin and softly turned her face until she is facing me. I pulled her face closer and kissed her in a passionate way. I cupped her cheeks and she sat on my lap. I remembered our first time. It was also in front of a fireplace.

I took the necklace from my pocket and slowly and smoothly placed it around her neck. "What's that?" She asked.

"A gift." I smiled.

"E? But my name starts with---"

"Don't complain anymore." I said as I show her my wrist. I am wearing a bracelet with an M on it.

"You never fail to surprise me." I smiled at what she said and continued kissing her. From her lips, cheeks, jaw, and onto her neck.

"Mom! Dad! Mavi is crying!" Eli suddenly shouted, interrupting us. Mikasa and I hurriedly went to the room. Mavrick is indeed crying and looking for Mikasa. I sat on the bed and made Eloise sit on my lap.

"Why is he crying Daddy?" She asked. I hugged her tight.

"He misses Mommy." I answered her.

The day ended with the four of us, sleeping on a king sized bed. My wife and I don't have time to do the things we used to do all day when it was just the two of us. But it's fine. As long as we have Eloise and Mavrick, all is well.

As long as I have them, everything will be better.

______

Sorry if it took so long.