19. Without

Before, it was always, 'I partied with him', 'I ate dinner with him', 'I went to work with him', or 'I came home with him'. Now I do things without him. Even during our monthsaries, we were never together, we always celebrate without each other. I find it sad but before we had each other, we have our dreams. Before I came in his life, he already wants to be a lawyer, and before he walked into mine, I already want to be someone in the field of business. We have to understand that we have our own lives and responsibilities to make this work. Weekends pass by so easily...

"Seriously? You only see each other every night and it is just through video calls? Mikasa, you deserve better than that." My newly found friend, as she calls herself, said. I shook my head and sighed before leaning on the wall. I am already so tired and then she is gonna say things about my own love life. 

"So does he. If I deserve better then he deserves the best. He is an aspiring lawyer who clearly needs 24/7 to study yet, he gives me three hours every night just so we can have some sort of communication. I mean, it's alright that he sometimes doesn't reply---", why did I say that? She is gonna say things about Eren again.

"I bet you a 100% he is cheating on you. Of course he is a human he has needs. And you are in Stohess and what? He is in Trost so he thinks you will never catch him. See? I am so smart!" There she is again exaggerating and accusing Eren of cheating. He will never do that, I trust him. I am sure about it, about him.

"Annie, stop accusing Eren of what your boyfriend does to you. He is not like that." I said with a cold voice. 

"That is harsh but accepted. Major trust issues." She laughed and patted my shoulder. This girl is crazy. I rolled my eyes and left her beside the lockers to go to our next subject. I am still in stage of getting used here in Stohess and the uniform. Stohess is a completely busier place than my hometown. And the uniform is just the same to my Averdien uniform except that the skirt is fit and it's color grey.

"Mikasa! Why would you leave me there?" Annie asked, panting a bit. She ran after me. Is she that dense to not realize I escaped her presence?

"We have class in five minutes. Shut up, Miss Pebbles is already preparing her things." I said and focused. She sat beside me while I prepared my notebook, pens, and highlighters. I heard her sigh. She is probably cursing me on her head. I understand, I am cursing myself too. Well, that is a way to get me out of my couch and stop being a lazy ass. When Miss Pebbles started, I also started taking notes, copying what's on the powerpoint.

"Pass the paper." Annie whispered. I opened it and saw that is just a mere invitation to party. Florian is holding another party and I am guessing her sister, a student of Thorngrace College, is gonna help her arrange it again like last time. But I never attended any party held by them. They are rich kids and I don't belong to their circle. And also, they are party girls and partying is not my forte. I passed the paper to my seatmate and listened to Miss Pebbles' discussion.

"You going?" Annie asked.

"No." I simply answered. Nighttime is my only time with Eren, I shouldn't and I wouldn't throw it away for some party.

"You are boring." Annie rolled her eyes at me and played with her ballpen which is a little annoying. I chose to ignore it because she will just be happy if ever I paid her attention and then she will keep on blabbering about party things and try to convince me to come.

I checked my phone and saw Eren's text.

From : E.J

'I am sorry, Mika. I have a long quiz tomorrow, I also have a lot to memorize, I need too much time for studying I don't think we can do our three-hour call tonight. I am really sorry, Mikasa. I am very sorry. Sorry. Really sorry. I will extend our call to six hours the day after tomorrow, I promise.'

My heart ached when I saw his text. I felt my tears trying to fall from my eyes. I gulped and took a deep breath. It's okay, your boyfriend is an aspiring lawyer and he needs 24/7 to study but he still managed to give you three hours of his everyday. I thought and tried to stop my heart from aching. Maybe I should consider the invitation.

"Annie, let's go together at the party." She looked at me with wide eyes and smiled. I evem heard her say 'I knew it, she isn't so boring like what I thought'.

______

"Oh wow! Mikasa, you are ethereal. I am sure guys will gather around you and will try to get you. Well, you are so gorgeous in that dress!" Annie complimented me when I hopped in her car. I sighed and I have to admit, I am feeling a little uncomfortable but it's not everyday that I get to wear these things.

"Thanks." I thanked her and smiled.

When we arrived at the party, different colored lights invaded my sight, smell of cigarettes were the whole place' scent. I still have time to backout. I am now regretting this. It's making me feel dizzy, maybe because I am not used to environments like this. I can do this, I will get through the night.

"Mikasa! Come on stop spacing out!" Annie grabbed my arm and took me to the dance floor. When a familiar figure caught my eyes. Historia?

"Uh, I will just get drinks. You want one?" I asked Annie and she nodded while still dancing. I am not surprised that she was already dancing with strangers or our classmates. Some schoolmates greeted me but I only smiled at them and tried to get my way to be near to Historia. When I am already beside her, I tapped her shoulder. She looked at me, her face is painted with surprise, shock.

"Mikasa? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"That is what I was about to ask you. What are you doing here?" We looked at each other with confusion and shock. She took me somewhere not-so-crowded. We sat on the bar stool and chatted there. The bartender asked if we want drinks but we both declined.

"They are your siblings?" I asked and she nodded.

"Only Ymir knew this and of course, you. Well, we are a complicated family. I am a child of Rod Reiss with a different woman which is my deceased mother. My sister, Frieda insisted that I live with them but I was the one who declined. They treat me well but my Rod and my Mom really threw me off." She chuckled. Yeah, her family is complicated. I can't believe it.

"Well that is shit." I unconsciously said.

"Yeah, my family is a whole shit." We both laughed. Annie then approached us and greeted Historia. Everyone knows her as Historia but no one knows she is a Reiss. Only her girlfriend and me know it.

"Shit, why would you make me drink mixed alcohols?" Annie asked and acted like she wants to puke. Historia mixed a lot of drinks and then made Annie drink it. The usual Annie of course, she didn't back down from the challenge.

"I told you! You can always back down!" Historia laughed.

"Shit, and..and flirt with that blonde b..boy? He looks like he doesn't even know how to kiss! He looks so..innocent and naive. He is not cute but he looks so dumb to be honest." I was shocked at how Annie described the student, which I also know. Armin, the one I had an encounter with.

"That is just harsh but maybe you wanna try Urklyn Reiss? Yes, how about him?" Historia suggested but Annie easily declined. Saying things about Urklyn Reiss being a total asshole. We all laughed about how she has the guts to trash talk Urklyn Reiss.

We all drank but I decided to not be drunk. I do dumb things when drunk and I think I will just be the one to take them home. I don't know how to drive but I guess asking for a little help won't be bad.

"Historia! Y..you are so fun t..to be with." Annie said and hugged Historia tightly and Historia did that too. They were hugging each other and saying dumb things to each other. I face-palmed and sighed. I can't believe I will be taking these two dorks home. I can't even believe I am staying with them right now. I just don't have a choice.

"I hope you remember everything tomorrow." I said and just chuckled at them.

____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for two thousand reads and two hundred votes! I am really speechless right now. You all really showed me that nothing is impossible!♡

Always Grateful,
Y.M Jaeger♡