SC. Iuhence Rome

The first five SCs will be about Mikasa's ex-boyfriends. And after the five SCs, we will be back to Remedy's present timeline.

How long has it been since I became single? Oh yeah, it has been five months. Annie told me to date guys to explore but I really can't find what I want. The qualities I am looking for, I can't find it in someone else except from him. Historia also adviced me to go to clubs and parties, then maybe I can find someone who is just right for me.

Well, it's not like no one approaches me. It's just that I look too intimidating, as they said, that they walk away with just a single glance from me. What is wrong with these eyes that it seems like I am pushing everyone away? The only one who never shy away from my eyes is him. He even admires them.

"I think you shouldn't be alone right now." A guy with a familiar voice said. I turned around to check if it's really him, but to my disappointment, I saw someone else. They just have the same voice but the guy in front of me is not the one I am expecting. Isn't it pathetic that I pushed him away and here I am, waiting for him to come to me.

"That's exactly what a pervert would say. Go away." I rolled my eyes at him but instead, I got a laugh as a reply. Does he think I am a joke? He even sat beside me.

"I am Iuhence Rome. I am a Law Student at Cranian. How about you?" He said and I stared at him in awe. I don't know if it's because of the alcohol that Eren is who I see or is it just me? I see him in Iuhence. A Law Student, and they have the same voice. A tear fell from my eye and I face-palmed. He's not as handsome as Eren, tho.

"Fuck it I am sorry. Just the alcohol. It's making me emotional." I cried and he caressed my back. He caressed it like how Eren did before, it softened my heart. He said nice things to me like how Eren did when I was crying in front of him.

But there is one thing that is wrong, he is not Eren.

Iuhence and I were very close. We became friends and we eventually dated. We were happy. We acted like friends although we are more than that. He became my resting place. He made me happy but my heart is still not contented. It feels like there will always be a space in my heart that would never be filled.

Eren, I am happy with him, but I was happier with you.

"Mikasa, here's your coffee." Iuhence smiled at me brightly. He comes here in Stohess a lot just to visit me. He is just in Ehrmich tho, that's why he has a lot of time to come to me. If I understand him better, would it be him right now instead of Iuhence? "Hey, are you okay?" He asked when I stayed silent. He sat in front of me and held my hand.

"Iuhence, it's just that, I feel guilty." I said.

"Hmm? For what, Mikasa?" He asked.

"For making you a rebound." He flashed a small smile, and I don't get it why he has to smile like that. It makes me feel worse. "I told you I had an ex that is also a Law Student and he has the same voice as you. Iuhence, I fell for those qualities you have that's the same as his. But I didn't fall for you." That may be harsh but I prefer honesty than hiding this.

"I understand, Mikasa. I know that it was never me. Your eyes tell, and I completely understand it. He was your first and true love, how can I compete with that?" He said and held my hand tighter. He..he understands? "Get your man back. Maybe not now, but someday." Iuhence smiled.

I never saw him again after that. No communication.

I suddenly felt guilty and worried about Iuhence that I went to Ehrmich to check up on him. Turns out, he left Ehrmich and went to Trost, to where Eren is. I never bothered chasing him. I never loved him and I feel bad but I shouldn't force myself to feel like that just because I feel guilty.

I hope I met Iuhence when I was healed already so he would've met the best version of me.

~ • ~

:)