36. What We Both Want

And I've got all that I need,
right here in the passenger seat.
And I can't keep my eyes on the road,
knowing that she's inches from me.

-Stephen Speaks' Passenger Seat

______

SHIGANSHINA DAY TWO

"Okay so here are your white knitted vests outfits. We'll wear matching clothes." Historia smiled and gave us boxes. I opened it and closed it again. I just took a good look at it and I never really care. I rolled my eyes and put it on the bed.

"There are trench coats there too. They're beige." Ymir said and smiled. We all nodded and I rolled my eyes. I sat on the bed again and covered my face with my palm. They left the room except Eren. He sat beside me instead. He caressed my back and made me lean on his shoulder.

"Are you still sleepy?" He asked.

"Nope. Just a little." I answered and flashed a bright smile. I am not sleepy, but just a little? I need some coffee. Like, strong, very strong coffee to wake me up. Oh gosh, I am such a dummy.

______

I stood in front of the mirror and observed my outfit. White polo, boyfriend jeans, and a knitted vest above. The polo is a little oversized so I tucked it in front and left the back like it is. I wore the trench coat and wrapped the red scarf he gave me last night, around me. I paired my whole outfit with my beige ankle boots. I opened the door and they are all ready.

Eren looks so new. Maybe because I wasn't used to seeing him wear something beige. We all went to the car and they sat properly. Eren is our driver for today. Well, the destinations are farther than the places we went to yesterday so we really need a car. Annie and Armin sat on the second row while Ymir and Historia sat on the last row. I sighed and sat on the passenger's seat beside my boyfriend.

I used my seatbelt and rested my back. I looked back and saw that they are already sleeping. What? They literally just sat just ten seconds ago. What is wrong with them?! Are they that sleepy and tired from yesterday?

"So I guess we have the moment of peace to ourselves." Eren said and smirked. He held my hand that is on my lap while his other hand is on the steering wheel. I looked at him and smiled before looking back at the view outside. How lucky am I?

______

Averdien looks so new. I admit that I am kind of envy the new students because they are experiencing a new one, but the old Averdien will always be my favorite. I sighed and looked around it. It has changed a lot since ten years ago. There were minor changes before but this change is really new to the eyes!

"Ackerman!" An old man called. I instantly looked at his direction but he was not looking at me but at the short man with an undercut. My brows furrowed at what I heard. Well, that is weird. I've found an Ackerman except from me right here in this school.

"Mikasa, that man has the same unique surname as you." Historia said and looked at the man talking at the other old man who called him just a minute ago. Well, I don't know if Ackerman people have a signature look, or trait that everyone in the lineage shares but I don't care about it anymore. It's certainly not the height because if it is our height, then he might be a different one.

"I really don't care about it." I said and continued looking around. And then a big cabinet with a glass door where Averdien's trophies, pictures and awards are located. I observed it and saw that I was there! I have a picture! "Oh my gosh, this is me." I smiled.