24. I Saw You Again

I looked around and saw a lot of people wearing masquerade masks. They were either red, gold, black, different colors can be seen in the crowd. I shifted my gaze to the main entrance waiting for Historia to arrive. After almost ten minutes of waiting for her, she arrived with Ymir. They quickly approached me and I guided them to the table I reserved for the three of us.

Ymir is wearing a black suit with simple heels and a black mask with gold details while Historia is wearing a black dress with a v-shaped front and long black net-like sleeves. She is wearing silver heels and her mask is as the same color as Ymir's but just a different design.

"You two look gorgeous today." I complimented the two of them. Ymir only smirked while Historia flashed a big bright smile and hit me on my arm.

"Of course! I look gorgeous everyday no matter what I wear!" Historia said proudly and hugged Ymir's arm. "Right, Ymir?" She faced Ymir then smiled at her.

"Of course." I almost died at the sight in front of me. Gosh, these two are always sweet and cheesy on each other. So I took a glass of wine and took a sip of it. The wine they served is a little..strong. I bet this is Annie's favorite Red Zinfandels. I looked around and searched for random people that I might recognize. Someone from SSB.

"Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren, lassen Sie uns Armin Arlert und Annie Leonhart applaudieren." What? What is he saying? I can't understand. I bet it's German? I don't know. I only know English. I sighed and watched as the red curtain opened and there stood Annie, holding onto her fiancee's arm smiling widely, genuine happiness can be seen not only in her eyes but happiness is shining brightly on her whole face.

She is wearing a white long dress with a slit, the silver details made her shine more. She is also wearing a silver mask with hanging designs. She looks gorgeous. And I bet she will look perfect when her wedding comes. Is it normal to be teary-eyed because you see how happy your bestfriend is? I wonder, will Sasha, Annie, and Historia get along too?

I saw how Armin looked at her. Sincerity is glowing in his blue eyes. They looked at each other, full of love. Armin is wearing an all white suit and a gold mask. I took a sip of my wine and a lone tear escaped my eye. Why am I even crying? Am I too happy or is it because I am crowded with couple and I am the only single one here? I don't know anymore.

"Thank you for coming, everyone. Armin and I  are grateful to have you with us to celebrate our engagement tonight. Let's have a blast together." She looks so formal tonight. Annie and Armin went down the stage. They approached their families first then approached us.

"You are sitting with us tonight?" Ymir asked and they both nodded before sitting together on the seat next to each other. I thought they will be on the stage but Armin said that Annie insisted to be on the same table as us and he can't resist his fiancee. There is an extra seat in between me and Armin.

"Are we waiting for someone?" Historia asked and Armin nodded, smiling widely. I noticed that Annie is avoiding my gaze. What is wrong? "Oh, who is it?" Historia asked again.

"Of course the wedding is incomplete without my best man. He should be here in this engagement party soon enough. He is a busy person so he will be a little late as always." Armin smiled and proposed a toast. We lifted our glasses on the air and then drank wine.

"Like Mikasa. Always late." Historia said. Annie almost choked on her drink and Armin was quick to give her water. What is happening to Annie? Is she sick? Is she regretting her decisions? I don't know, she seems fine yesterday.

The whole place turned dark and the colorful lights turned into white. All of them. A solemn song playing loudly. Armin stood up and asked Annie's hand. Every couple started standing up and dancing to the music while I sit here alone in our spot. I drank wine and when the waiter offered a refill, I accepted and drank more while watching them dance, holding each other tightly. It was once us in the dance floor, even in the parking lot. Am I drunk?