Chapter 20: Nisha's Journey with Fenty and Shadows

Nisha's Point of View

"What? Is there a Fenty in my system?" I asked him abruptly, but as soon as I realized there was a rule to follow during our exercise, he looked at me, seemingly sensing my surprise at my own question. I fell silent as I mulled over everything. I vaguely recalled Shawn mentioning something to me in Doctor Cassandra's laboratory. At that moment, Fenty was coursing through my veins, but he assured me it was no longer there and that I was fine. Could that be a lie?

"You must learn to maintain self-control. Before asking anything, make sure the training is complete. What if an enemy deliberately fed you information to distract you? Would you still inquire and risk your life? Always remember that confusion can be a part of the trap," he said, leaving me stunned by his words. He was right. When there's enticing information in front of me, it's easy to lose focus and be preoccupied with things unrelated to the task at hand. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, realizing that I needed to train myself to stay more focused.

"Let's get started. Make a mental note of it," he instructed, and I simply nodded in response, repositioning myself and waiting to see what he had planned. Suddenly, he turned to face a tree next to me, catching me off guard, and I quickly turned around as well. To my surprise, the tree was about to fall on me. Instinctively, I moved my hands a few meters away and wielded my sword to cut the tree down, avoiding the potential danger. However, before I could fully recover from the tree incident, FE-R001 kicked me with tremendous force. The impact sent me flying, and I collided with the broken tree. The pain in my back was excruciating, and I could hear the wind howling while the ground shook beneath me. I moaned in pain, feeling something flowing from my mouth, which I soon realized was blood.

Struggling to regain my composure, I immediately focused on examining the situation. It was evident that FE-R001's attack had left me vulnerable and hurt. I tried to assess the extent of my injuries while lying on the ground.

"Always keep in mind that the opponent's first attack is not meant to distract you. The final attack is the one that can be deadly and harmful. Use your senses to detect their approach so you can plan your response in the event of a first strike. Remember, our adversary is not human; you can't read their minds. That's why you must be attuned to your surroundings and the enemy," I heard FE-R001's voice, though he was still at my feet, lingering in my peripheral vision. Slowly, I knelt and held the blade firmly in my right hand, trying to catch my breath and process the valuable lesson he had just taught me. I was still reeling from the impact of the kick and the harsh reality of the training.

"If you're weak, Fenty can easily destroy you. You may think this is the first time you've faced something like this since your intense battle in Ottawa City, where no one ever let you fall to the ground, but Fenty is on a whole different level of power. Your brother's blood was somehow mixed with this medicine during its production, giving Fenty an incredible potency."

He continued speaking, and I remained attentive, my mind now filled with questions. Was Kuya's blood truly mixed with Fenty's, and what made it so potent? I couldn't help but wonder why someone as powerful as Mr. NO, who still terrorizes Bytrans City, couldn't defeat this formidable adversary.

"Get up and take care of yourself. Let's call it a day here. Return tomorrow," he said as he bid his goodbyes and walked away. He disappeared from view, leaving me alone once more in the dark, mysterious jungle.

I plunged my sword into the ground and used it as a crutch to help me stand up. With a hand, I wiped the blood from my cheeks and straightened my hair, which had unexpectedly tangled during the intense training session. I took a deep breath, trying to collect myself as I scanned my surroundings. It felt like someone was watching me, but to my relief, it was just my brother, Kuya. The training area was in shambles after our rigorous practice with FE-R001. Kuya believed I shouldn't have needed instruction, as FE-R001's training methods were so harsh. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that they were emotionless, and I had no idea what to expect from our next session.